Chapter 3

"Hi, I'm Dani." I said, while putting my hand out. She looked still looked shocked but shook my hand anyways. "Hi, I'm Jen." She said, while a smile crept on her face. She seemed nice, and maybe we were friends, so I invited her in. I remember when she was screaming at me, for not remembering her she said she was my ex. "Hey Jen, I have a question, why did we break up?" I asked, not realizing this could be a touchy subject, but who cared I needed answers. "Well, we had started dating freshman year of high-school, and um after sophomore year I had to move so I broke up with you." She explained. Then I had another flashback...

"Jen, please you can't leave me, I love you." I said. She had a complete look of surprise on her face. "I don't love you Dani, we're over." She responded. I was crying, and I could hear a sniffle come from Jen. "You do love me, why can't you stay!?" I shouted through the tears. "Bye Dani." She said before leaving me.

What the hell, she left me. "Did you have another flashback, Dani?" My dad asked. I nodded and everyone looked at me. "Well this time I was telling Jen I loved her, but she said she didn't love me and that we were over, then she moved away or something." I explained. I could feel Ashley and Jen staring at me. All I could think was how uncomfortable this conversation is.

I could see Jen start to tear up and Ashley looked furious. "When do I go back to school?" I asked. "Tomorrow, I'm going to take you in the morning." Ashley said still glaring at Jen. "I'm going to my room and sleeping." I said before the leaving the living room, which was filled with tension.

---

I woke up the next morning at 6:45. I had been told that school started at 8, but that I would need to be there early to find all my classes, since I forgot. I got dressed, and headed downstairs, and was greeted by Ashley. "Where are my parents?" I asked. "Your parents are at work." She responded. I nodded and headed to the kitchen to grab a banana for breakfast.

---

We were at the school when I saw Jen. She was beside some blonde chick. The blonde girl looked familiar; did I know her? The girl was pretty much like Ashley. I hadn't realized I was staring until the girl waved. "Ashley, who's that girl?" I said pointing to the blonde. "No, whatever you do don't talk to her." She yelled,