014

Sabrina could hear everyone out in the hall talking but she remained quiet. Pulling in her knees she stared at the floor. The bag sat still next to her. She heard all the footsteps going back in the gym and yet she remained still. She had tear stains on her cheeks and some of her mascar was now underneath her eyes. She didn't seem to care. The young girl just felt like hiding from the whole world. She soon heard footsteps again and she looked underneath the table cloth seeing Ricky's converse. The gym door opened again a woman with heels came out and she was guessing it was his mother. "Hey. Are you okay?" Now the young girl felt awkward hearing their conversation. Knowing all the things that he was going through she understood his feelings. "Yeah. Check your texts." Closing her eyes she listened to the conversation due to the fact that she couldn't really go anywhere right now.

"Well, is it stage fright? Because people are counting on you, honey. You've made a commitment to this." She heard Ricky scoff in annoyance. "You're one to talk about commitment." Biting her bottom lip she opened her eyes looking down. "I'm sorry?"

"It's not about nerves, okay? It's about doing something for somebody I care about." She nodded knowing he was talking about Nini. Like always. "Okay, Ricky, what's going on?" Now she really wished more than ever she would have gotten up and ran to somewhere else to hide for the night. "Why'd you bring him to the show?" His voice got louder and it echoed through the halls. "Todd? Uh... I wanted him to meet you. I didn't tell you before 'cause I don't wanna throw you off."

"So you waited until I levitated about a basketball hoop and had to see him put his arm around you?" She knew this was hard on him. I mean she went through this more like she went through it now. "No, Ricky..." Their yelling was reminding her of her talks with her father. "How do you think Dad feels?" He yelled which made the girl flinch a little bit. She's never ever truly heard him yell before. "Honestly... I think Dad is happy that I'm happy." Now she felt like screaming she didn't want to be there anymore. "You two looked plenty happy before the show started. You were hugging. I saw it. It was like... It was like how it used to be." Hearing his voice crack at the end made her heart break a little.

She wished she could run up to him and hug him but she was stuck under a table. "Ricky. Not all couples are meant to be together. Sometimes people change." It was quiet for a few minutes. "Uh I gotta.. I wanna watch this. Support Seb and stuff." She heard him leave and the door shut right behind him. His mom stayed in the hallway for a few minutes until she made her way back inside the gym. Getting out from under the table she grabs the bag placing it on the table. She looked inside of it seeing pictures, a letter and a silver bracelet. She reached towards it holding it in her hand. It was the same charm bracelet except now it was full of charms. Her phone started ringing and it scared her. Letting the bracelet fall back into the bag she pulled out her phone seeing that it was a message from Gina asking where she had run off to.

The young girl placed her phone on silent and placed it on the table. She leaned on the table staring at nothing. She had so much on her mind. Her mom, her dad, herself and Ricky. A tear rolled down her cheek. She didn't hear the gym door open and close. Ricky came out and was surprised to see her there. He thought she was with everyone else enjoying the show. But what made him realize she wasn't enjoying it was the fact her body was shaking. "Brina?" She turned around seeing Ricky standing there. She wiped her tears looking somewhere else. "Uh Ricky." He stepped closer to her but she stepped away from him. She didn't want him to see how much of a mess she was."Are you okay?" She chuckled a little, feeling more tears fall. She wouldn't even look at Ricky because she hated crying in front of people. "I should be asking you the same thing." He leaned on the table looking down at the ground. "I sorta heard what happened with your mom. Ricky you can't blame her." He looked at her seeing the tears. He moved closer to try and hug her but she moved out of the way. He noticed the bag and her phone just lying there.