two.

He was sick of all of these students

He was sick of all of these students. Why he came back when the war ended, he never understood. As he walked his way through the hallways to get to his class for the day, he felt as if something were off. The halls were empty, but he felt as if someone were nearby. He stopped walking and turned around. To his 'amusing' annoyance, he saw Peeves following him.

"Don't you have other people to be haunting!?" He half yelled. Peeves stuck out his tongue and flew away. Severus straightened his robes and walked to his classroom doors, where he entered with his usual dignified strut. Today the class was going to brew Felix Felicis. Was it hard for a bunch of seventh years to brew? Yes. Did he care? No. These were there final days, and if... if one of his students is successful at brewing it, which he was quite sure no one would, the he would be... quite appeased.

He flicked his wrist and the instructions on the board appeared. There was a groan that wafted through the classroom. "Today you will be brewing this potion. Now, can anyone tell me what it is?" He looked around the room, no one had raised their hands. Just as he was about to move on a hand shot up. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Anyone but Miss Granger!? She has been answering these questions all year long." He looked around the room and pointed at Ron. "You, tell me what this is." His face turned a bright pink and he gulped really loudly.

"Um, it's a... Well you see..." Hermione's hand shot straight up.

"Please sir," she said. He snapped in her direction.

"It's a real pity that no one else knows. Go ahead Miss Granger, enlighten us with what you know." He said with a smirk. She blushed and stood up.

"This is Felix Felicis, also known as liquid luck. It can give anyone who drinks it luck for a day and allows them to be successful in any task they are pursuing. "She sat down and hung her head. He looked at her. Usually she would go into depth about anything, so what was the difference now?

"Well then, you know what it is. I expect this potion to be done by the end of the day..." He looked around the classroom. "Well don't just stand there, get started!" Everyone jumped from their spots and scurried around the room gathering supplies. As he surveyed them he noticed the Granger girl seemed a little... different today. She was working in a slow but efficient pace. Usually she had that hard concentrated look on her face, but today she just worked as if this were simple and she wasn't worried on getting it right or wrong.

As he scanned the room a few minutes later, he noticed that Mr. Longbottom had added his Occamy too early and it wasn't grounded up properly, Mr. Weasley added a handful of powdered common rue instead of a sprinkle, and on his side, Mr. Malfoy, pathetically added a whole squill bulb instead of just it's juices. He pinched the bridge of his nose. How was he supposed to be a Professor to students who did not have the strive to want to learn and do right?

He walked around the room, surveying the rest of the potions. He was already calculating the grades he was going to give them all. He decided for punishment he would make them do a four foot long essay on the side effects of the Felix Felicis.

He was passing Miss Granger's potion when he happened to notice that she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. She seemed dazed and was about to stir her potion with her wand instead of the stirring rod. He quickly grabbed her wrist and held it away, making her gasp and drop her wand to the floor. Luckily her potion seemed adequately made and all she needed left to do was stir it and then say the incantation, but if he didn't stop her, her wand wouldn't exist anymore.

He looked her square in the eyes. "Miss Granger! No daydreaming in class! You could have lost your wand and who knows what else!" He raged. He was very disappointed in her. For her to be the brightest, today she was no shining star. She looked at him her eyes widening in horror once she realized what she had almost done. He dropped her wrist, leaving her to clench it because of his tight grip. "20 points from Gryffindor for Miss Granger's carelessness." She opened her mouth in shock and was about to say something when he raised his eyebrows at her, daring her to speak. She closed it and looked around the room.

The whole classroom had stopped what they were doing and were watching the scene before them. "I am surprised, Miss Granger. Usually it would be Mr. Longbottom to be careless, but you? Such a shame." The whole class of Slytherin was snickering as he maliciously curled his lips in justice. She blushed and lowered her head. "Back to work! I want this finished by today!"

With that he sauntered away back to his desk. When he turned and sat down he watched her. She blinked and bent over to pick up her wand. She clutched her wrist and bit her lip. Something was wrong with her. She had never displayed such carelessness in his class before. Although he was intrigued to know what had the brightest witch of the age so distracted, he waved it off, not letting it concern him.