Coronation part 1

Regina's point of view
I woke up feeling much better. I was also very excited and happy. This is it. Today is the day that Ben, my best friend was going to be crowned King of Aurodon, and I would officially be his royal advisor. Melody and I were in our dorm room with Mal and Evie, and we're helping each other get ready, as well as ourselves.

We all looked beautiful in our dresses and hairstyles for the occasion, and the dress Mom made for me was absolutely beautiful.

"You look beautiful, Regina," Mal said as I looked at myself in the mirror

"You look beautiful, Regina," Mal said as I looked at myself in the mirror. "Thanks, Mal," I said twirling around. "Oh. I have something for you. Evie too," I added, going with Melody to my arts and crafts closet, where I kept two canvases covered with tarps.

"What are those?" Evie asked. "Ta da!" I exclaimed as Melody and I uncovered them. Underneath we're two portraits I had painted: one of me and Mal, and one of me and Evie in our coronation dresses. "They're friendship portraits. I painted them myself. Three for the boys, too." "You did this... for us?" Mal asked, touched. I nodded. "Yep. I did this in case you guys go back to the Isle to help brighten things up a bit. And besides...I don't want you to forget about me," I replied, looking down and quietly saying the last part.

"Ohh. Regina, we could never forget about you," Mal said. "Really?" I asked, looking up. "Of course not! Regina, you showed us kindness from the first day we arrived, and stuck up for us when no one else would. You're our friend," added Evie. Now it was my turn to be touched. "Thank you, girls. That means a lot." We all hugged, and Mal inspected the paintings.

"These are really good, Regina. How did you get so good at painting?" she asked. Melody and I snickered before we both burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" Mal asked. "Sorry. It's just a funny story," replied Melody. "Really funny. I guess you could say that I got into painting when I was little," I giggled, before laughing again. When I opened my eyes, Mal and Evie still looked confused, so I told them the story.

When I was three years old, I stumbled across one of my mom's canvases. It was blank, and there were all these cans of paint. I couldn't resist trying them out. I dipped my hands into the paint, and started to paint a beautiful flower. When Mom came back, she was surprised, but impressed. As I got older, Mom decided to teach me how to paint, and overtime, my painting skills got better.

As soon as I finished telling my story, Mal and Evie began to laugh too. It was indeed a very funny story. A few minutes later, Ben, Grayson, and Doug came to escort us to the carriages to go to the coronation. As we rode to the church, Mal handed Ben a box that contained a cupcake. As Ben ate it, he said: "Let's give the anti-love potion time to kick in." This startled Mal, and she asked Ben if he knew... "That you spelled me? Yes," he cut in. "I can explain," Mal stuttered.

"No. It's fine. I understand. You had a crush on me, and I was with Audrey," Ben replied. "How did you know? How long have you known?" Mal asked. "Since our first date. Your spell washed off in the enchanted lake," Ben explained. "You've been faking it this whole time?" Mal asked in a hurt tone. "No. I haven't been faking anything," Ben replied, softly kissing Mal's hand. Little did they know was that the villains on the Isle of the Lost were watching the whole thing on TV.

Maleficent was shocked at how beautiful Mal looked, and the Evil Queen was proud to know that Evie designed her dress. When we arrived at the church, we walked up to Ben's parents, and mine. "About what happened the other day..." Mal said, trying to apologize. "It's okay. You were just trying to protect Regina," Queen Belle replied. King Adam nodded and said: "I told Ben that it wasn't going to be easy." "But you also told me to never give up," Ben said to his father. "I did?" King Adam asked, only to be elbowed in his side by his wife. "Oh. Yes, I did."

Queen Belle smiled at us. "Ben, keep following your heart. You too, Regina," she told us. "Thanks, Mom," Ben said. "Yes, my queen. Thank you," I replied. My parents hugged me and Grayson before two guards escorted both him and Mal inside. As everyone else went in, Ben looked at me and asked: "Are you ready for this?" I took a deep breath and replied: "Yes. Let's do this." We walked into the church, with my arm through Ben's elbow.

As we walked into the church, a kid's choir was singing, and the guards bowed as we walked past. As we walked up to the podium, I could sense that Mal was looking a little uneasy. So was I, for I knew what she and the others were up to. When Ben and I reached the podium, Fairy Godmother gave Queen Belle a hug, took the crown off of King Adam's head, and placed it on Ben's head.  She then used her wand to make something appear on my dress. I looked and saw the Beast family crest, making Ben and I smile. 

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Auradon with justice and mercy, as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked Ben. "I do solemnly swear," replied Ben. She then turned to me and asked: "Do you, Regina, solemnly swear to guide the King on the right path? To provide him with knowledge and to be there for him whenever you're needed?" "I do solemnly swear," I replied. She smiled and tapped our shoulders with her wand. "It is my pleasure to bless our new king and his royal advisor..." Fairy Godmother began, but gasped when she felt the wand being taken out of her hand. My eyes widened in horror when I saw who it was...