Family Day fiasco part 1

Regina's point of view.

We all sang 'Be our guest' to welcome our families to Family Day. After the song, I went to find my family. I walked around the courtyard looking around until I saw my parents and little sister. "Mom! Dad! Mary!" I called. That got their attention, and they all ran over to me and hugged me. Then, Ben called me over. Apparently, he wanted me and my family to stand with him and his parents for pictures. I nodded. "Let's go," Mom said.

Ben told his parents that he had a new girlfriend and I had a boyfriend. Queen Belle was relieved to hear that because she didn't like Audrey. "You and me both, my queen," I replied. As the photographer was about to snap the picture, King Adam asked if they knew Ben's new girlfriend. After the photographer took the picture, Ben called Mal over and she introduced herself. Afterwards, King Adam proposed a game of croquet. He and Ben fist bumped before he walked away. Mal invited her friends and as she walked away, Queen Belle almost fainted.

"Regina!" I heard someone say. I turned and saw Granny and Grandpa walking towards us. I ran to them and hugged them tightly. "How are you?" Granny asked, stroking my hair. "I'm doing better Granny. There's someone that I want you to meet; my new boyfriend. Grayson!" I called. Grayson came over and stood next to me. He bowed before them and quietly said that he is Mother Gothel's son.

"Now, before you say anything, I want you to know that Grayson absolutely, positively doesn't want anything to do with my hair. He actually has something that he wants to tell you, right?" I said, turning to him. "Your majesties, Regina told me the truth about what happened to Rapunzel, and I would like to say how sorry I am for the pain and suffering that my mother put you through," Grayson said, before looking down at the grass.

He was surprised to feel a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and saw Granny touching his shoulder. "Why are you apologizing for something that your mother did and not you?" she asked. Grandpa agreed. "I can tell that you're not like your mother at all. I can also tell that you make our granddaughter very happy. Welcome to the family," he said. I sighed in relief. Just then, we heard another voice calling me.

"Regina!" I looked around and saw Fairy Godmother coming towards us with Cinderella and Prince Charming in tow. I gulped. I had planned what I was going to say in my head, but as soon as I saw them, my mind went blank. "Cinderella, Charming," I greeted with a curtsy. "Hello Regina," smiled Cinderella. "Fairy Godmother told us that you had something important to tell us. What is it?" Kit asked.

I gulped and went pale. Then I turned to Fairy Godmother, who assured me that Chad wasn't with them. There was a debate going on in my head. 'Should I do this? Maybe I shouldn't. No. This has gone on for more than enough. I've been keeping this secret for far too long. They have to know the truth.' Taking a deep breath, I started to speak. "I'm so sorry," I began. "For what, dear?" Cinderella asked me. "Remember when I told you that Chad was playing with me when I was 6 years old?" "Yes. Go on," Kit gently urged me. "I'm sorry. It was a lie. Chad wasn't playing with me, he was actually..." I began. "You!" a voice screamed, interrupting me.

"What was that?" asked Fairy Godmother. "I don't know. But I think it came from over there," Mom replied, pointing to her right. We all looked in the direction and saw... "Queen Leah!" I gasped. "Who's that?" Grayson whispered to me. "She's Aurora's mother and Audrey's grandmother," I replied. "She's shouting at Mal," Mary observed. "Oh no. She must think that Mal is Maleficent!" I cried. Grayson and I ran over to Mal as fast as we could. I heard footsteps behind us, and I knew that my family, Fairy Godmother, Cinderella and Kit were behind us. As we got closer to where Mal was, the things that Queen Leah was shouting at Mal became more clear.