Chapter 18

Chapter 18

We were running together side by side through the thick of the forest. Except that Luke was in his wolf form while I was still in my human form. Last night Luke explained to me about werewolves, packs and so on. We were on our way to the pack house.

I couldn’t help but to feel as if something or someone was watching us. I shook off the feeling and continued to run. I could tell that Luke wasn’t really running as fast as he could for my sake.

Finally we reached a pair of gates. Beyond the gates were land and a lot of it. I didn’t notice myself walking closer to a set of columns until I reached out and touched it. There were engravings in it that I didn’t recognize. I was about to reach out and touch it until I heard a throat clearing behind me.

I turned around to find Luke now standing in a pair of sweats only.

“Where’d you get the sweats?” I asked

“We stash clothing in and about the woods so that when we have to change back into our human form we have clothes to wear” he responded.

“What are you staring at?”

“The engra-” I turned around to show him the engravings but only to find it not there.

“Nothing” I responded instead.

Luke had this knowing look in his eyes but I chose to ignore it.

Luke pushed the gates open and I walked through, curious to see what’s here. We started to walk away from the gates and a few minutes later I was faced with a house as big as the white house maybe even bigger.

“This is the pack house” Luke stated as if it wasn’t big deal.

I stood there with my mouth agape. This is the pack house. I wasn’t expecting it be this big. Luke nudged me so that I would continue to walk. As we walked towards the gigantic house I noticed that there were several people outside each with an instructor fighting. There were a group of kids that looked like to be between the ages 10-15 training with Jackson. Then there were people from the ages 16-20 training more aggressively with Jason. There were people from their 20s-30s training also with another guy. I was amazed at the amount of wolves that were out. The amounts here that are training can easily be 90-100 people.

‘There’s still way more wolves this only one fourth of the population’ I heard Luke’s voice in my head. He was reading my thoughts again. I really wish he would stop doing that but a part of me, a huge part of me likes him inside of my head.

Luke started guiding me towards the house. He opened the front door and led me into what looked like the living room. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. This place is huge. It looks even bigger than it looked on the outside. I have a feeling that I might get lost in here. Scratch that I will definitely get lost in here.

“This is where majority of the pack lives thats why it’s so big.” Luke said.

He led me through his home and showed me where everything is. The first 5 floors were for the wolves lived in the pack house. Some wanted to live on their own so they live on the pack land where there are houses built for them. The last floor was where the Alpha and the Luna were to live. Apparently a Luna is an Alpha female who cares for her pack and so on. On that level was where Luke’s office, our bedroom, the library, and a few other rooms. On the main level was where there was the kitchen, living room, infirmary, dining room, pool and game room.

After the tour of the house was done I went back into the kitchen only to find Shay, Katie, Drew and Terri staring back at me.

“What the hell are you guys doing here?” I asked puzzled.