Chapter 26

Chapter 26                                                                                     

I woke up to the usual, with Luke wrapped around me like a vine making me extra warm and his morning glory pressed against my side. I look up to see him still sleeping. I look over at the clock surprised to see that it's only 5:45. It's been a week since I 'rediscovered' myself, if you can even call it that. I remember that it's Saturday and that I have to go the dance studio. I have to be there by 8 so that means I have to start getting ready at 6:30. On the plus side I have to deal with Brandy and that's not gonna go well considering I missed 3 of my weekly classes to get ready for the competition in a week. Who am I kidding he's gonna torture me today. Maybe I could just stay here for today. Nope that's not gonna work either. Maybe I can bribe him, speaking of bribing Brand owes me a box of doughnuts for making me ask Luke to sub in as my partner for practice. I think I'm gonna get some more sleep before I head to shower. I close my eyes drifting off  to sleep dreaming about my doughnuts that Brand owes me.

I wake up at 6:35 to find Luke staring at me intently. I smile at him and he grins back showing off his dimples.

"Morning Princess"

"Morning" I say and stretch out and wince when I find out that I'm a little sore. Luke senses my reaction and his grin widens.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask amused by his expression.

"Just happy that's all" he says trying not to laugh.

"Uh- Huh" I say ignoring his grin knowing that I wouldn't want to know what's happening in that mind of his.

"I'm gonna go make you a bath,  it will help with your soreness" he jumps out of bed and runs into the bathroom to make me my bath.

 I smile and get out of bed to go find some clothes I can wear for practice. I walk into our closet and take out a pair of grey sweats and my turquoise top that has netted back. I take out a new set of underwear and gingerly walk into the bathroom to find Luke already showered and ready. That was fast. Luke turns around and smirks at me then walks out the door closing it behind me. What's with him today? I shake my head and get into the bath letting the water soak up everything.
After 20 minutes in the washroom I come out and head downstairs to find Luke talking to Jason and Jackson. As soon as I walk in the conversation stops and all three boys turn to look at me then go back to their conversation. Weird. I head to the kitchen to make myself a bowl of cereal. I open the cupboards to find my favourite type sitting there on the shelf. I grab for it then pour it into my bowl and then in another bowl for Luke since he likes to eat my cereal all the time.
After making breakfast I head over to where the boys were bringing the bowls of cereal out with me. Luke is sprawled out on the couch while Jason and Jackson are watching tv. He scoots over once he sees me and lets me sit down. I hand him a bowl and turn back towards the tv not before seeing his frown.

"What's wrong Luke?"

"Princess I don't eat cereal." he says looking at the bowl like it’s an alien.

"Of course you do. You always take my bowl of cereal in the mornings." I say

"Well actually I don't eat them I only act like I'm eating once I sense that your on your way downstairs."

"Why?" I question oddly confused.

"Because I like to make you breakfast and you always grab it out of my hand and eat it yourself." He says while shrugging

"So you don't like cereal?" I ask

"No, I hate it when it gets all soggy. I prefer toast, eggs or bacon." he says smiling shyly at me. Oh my god, Luke, shy, never thought that I would see that combination.