Chapter Twenty-Four: Let It Go

Sorry for the picture... I HAD TO. And now you all have the song in mind ~ cackles gleefully.

MALIK'S POV

Alex has been hiding things from me.  

He thinks he's so good at lying, and maybe he is, but what he tends to forget is that I am much better at reading him that I once was. Plus, I have been watching him like an hawk. Call me a stalker if you like, but I feel better when I know about his whereabouts. 

After all, he tried to kill himself not so long ago - although he still won't talk about it - so I prefer to be a tad bit overprotective. My mate doesn't know how precious and important he is so there's no guarantee he won't try to take his own life again in the future. 

How do I know he's hiding things ? Simple. First, he's been ignoring me these last few days - he always finds excuses not to sleep with me at night, he immediately averts his eyes whenever I catch him looking at me, and he didn't reply to any of my messages - I will make sure to punish him properly for that later. After all, we agreed on a few rules he shouldn't break unless he wants to be punished. 

These rules are:

One, you should always communicate. Communication is the key in a relationship. You don't have to tell the other everything, but then just say so. No running away, no avoidance technics. 

Two, don't talk disrespectfully to your Master, especially in public. 

Three, no lying, especially about important stuff. Again, you can just say so when you don't want to answer a question, but don't lie. 

It might seem weird that there are only three rules, especially since I am into BDSM. The thing is, I only enjoy light BDSM and it is limited to the bedroom.  I'm not really into the whole lifestyle and neither is Alex, although he seems to enjoy a tiny bit of pain and humiliation, much to my delight. 

Maybe I am a bit more sadistic than I care to admit, because I suggested these rules while I knew that my pup would have a hard time following them. 

What can I say? I did enjoy spanking him last time and I can't wait to punish him again and make his little hole all wet for me.

For now, though, punishing him isn't my priority. I am more concerned about finding out the truth, and I really hope he isn't in trouble. I am afraid that whatever it is, I won't like it. 

It seems serious. This morning, he looked even more exhausted than usual. He had dark circles under his big brown eyes, and his skin was very pale. This can't go on. I won't allow it. His secret is weighting down on him, I can tell. He can try to keep avoiding me, but I have thought about a way to corner him, and I'm sure it will work. 

Now, I just need to find Rose. 

I find her in the tearoom, her cat Billy in her laps and a cup of tea that she keeps close against her tommy because she likes the warmth. On the chair next to her, an open book and her knitting material.

Everyone in the family always teases her for having grandma hobbies, but I guess that's one of the reasons we love her so much.

"I can't help it, I am an old soul" she would respond. "I was born old"

My elder sister looks up at me when she hears me entering the room, before frowing as she sees my joyful expression.

"You, dear brother of mine, have something to ask me!"

"Can't I just seek the company of my lovely sister?" I reply in an offended voice - but of course she doesn't buy it. She was always the clever one.