Chapter Twenty-one: I have no words

Trigger-warning. Implied mentions of rape.

ALEX'S POV

"Oh Alex, did I tell you what Rim did today? You won't believe it! She bit on Nate's nipple, after realizing she couldn't drink milk from him! Oh, she might not have teeth yet but apparently it was still a bit painful. You should have seen him rubbing his sore nipple and yelling at me to feed 'the little monster'. It was way too funny. Isn't she the best? She's good at picking up targets, too."

"Your daughter is just perfect!" I agree easily. "I have yet to meet her but the more you tell me about her, the more I like her!"

"I know, right! She's not even a few weeks old but she's already making her daddy Kyle so proud"

I laugh a bit at that, amused by his antics, before asking him in my most innocent voice

"So, Kylie, I take it you've been breastfeeding her?"

"Don't call me that and I - yeah" he mumbles.

I smirk a bit at that. Although I can't see him, I'm positive he's blushing.

"Aw, I knew it! That's so hot!"

"Shut up, Alex! You're reminding me of my perverted mates now right now! They enjoy fondling my swollen nipples way too much"

"Ugh, too much information, pal! I was just teasing you! Have you no decency?"

"Serves you right! Don't ask questions if you can't handle the responses, you cheeky prude!"

We tease each other a bit longer, before he tells me he has to go to relieve Darren, who has been taking care of a crying Rim since dawn.

I stay in bed a bit longer, although I know I should get up now, before Serena barges in and reminds me of my duties in a none too pleasant manner.

Mindlinking with Kyle always leaves me a bittersweet feeling. I am ecstatic that we are talking more and more often, but at the same time, the fact that I can't see him yet is a constant reminder of what I have done.

I know that he wants to see me again, but that his mates are less enthusiastic at the idea. I can't say I blame them but still, at times like these, I just wish I had a friend I could spend time with. Of course, now that I have Malik in my life, I don't feel as lonely as I used to, but still, Malik has been very busy lately and I've been trying to give him some space.

It's been harder and harder to fight back my instincts to jump on him and cling to him like a koala everytime I pass him in the corridor. I want to kiss him and show the world he's mine, especially when he is surrounded by male servants.

I refrain myself. Barely. Nobody knows about us, although I can hear others whispering behind my back. They think I can't hear them but I do. I am a werewolf, after all. Everyone noticed my absence. Then they saw Malik and I coming back together. It's not that hard to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Even his family  know that something's up, although Malik told me they didn't ask him any questions, apart from his nosey brother.

Vampires aren't the most talkative persons, after all.

However, they might not know that we are fated. Maybe they think I'm just a fling.

Thinking about this word is enough to make my chest hurt.

The only good think is that Malik is now so busy he doesn't ask me all the time to please talk to someone. He means a shrink, of course.

Why should I ? I mean, I am talking to him. That's enough, right? I told him about Adrien, Kyle, and what I did. Not in so many words, but I gave him the general picture.