Chapter 14 - Starting Over

We had no idea where we were. All we know was that we were at some random run down motel. Okay, we weren't exactly lost since we could just walk down to the lobby and ask where we were, but both of us were too lazy. 

"Alec, ask someone where we are," I hissed at him.

Alec looked at me before standing up from the bed. I thought he was going to go out but instead he stood directly in front of me with his body hovering me. Not to mention his upper body was bare. The only piece of clothing he as wearing was his dark pants that hug dangerously against his hips. 

"Say it nicely," he said. 

I scoffed and crossed my arms against my chest.

His eyebrow raised. "Say it just like how a friend would ask her friend for a favor."

"Go out and ask where we are," I snapped.

"No."

He threw himself beside me on the bed and covered his eyes with his arms. For a few seconds I caught my breath and told myself to chill. Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to Alec about us trying to be friends, but the idea of not wanting to be always  annoyed with him seems inviting. I mean getting annoyed and angry at all times was starting to irritate and bore me. 

"Can we start over?" he said, still in the same position.

I twisted my body to look at him. At the same time, he was sitting up. 

"What do you mean?"

He sighed and ran his hand to his hair. "We did agree to give being friends a shot, right?"

I nodded my head with my eyes squinted a bit. "Where are you going with this?"

"So, let's start fresh."

"How the hell are we going to do that? Both of us are certainly not fresh. We haven't taken a bath or even brushed our hair," I joked. 

My comment startled Alec. He stared at me for a moment before a smile cracked on his face. 

"That's annoying."

I chuckled. "I thought I'll try out my dying humor."

"It sucks, but it'll get better."

I waved my hand to the air. "Now, back to starting over?"

Alec chuckled and brought out his hand. "I'm Alec Austin."

"I'm Tori Adams."

We shook hands. The feeling was so foreign yet so familiar. It was like my skin was tingling from the contact. My heart and head was nervous. Our hands stayed connected but the shaking had stopped. Alec looked at me with his dark blue eyes. I knew right then that I had to break the contact. So I did. 

"Okay, I'll go ask someone where are," he said as if he wasn't feeling the awkward air.

"Oh thank god!"

He laughed as he went out of the room.

Did I make the right decision of being friends with Alec again? The last I was friends with him, didn't turn up well. Well, maybe it did. But after that shit really happened. 

"So, turns out we're at San Diego," Alec informed me. 

I jumped out of the bed and stared at him like he was monster. Alec looked at me with wide eyes. His arm stretched with his hand opening the door. 

"What did I do?" he asked. 

Slowly I shook my head. "Nothing, you just startled me."

He laughed. "Sorry."