Chapter 4- Face to Face With The Devil

Seeing the person you hate was different from seeing the person you despise. Now, I can't exactly tell you what's the difference between hate and despise but there's a clear distinction once you're face to face with those people. With hate, you could still stand being in the same area with that person, although you want rip that's person's hair off. While with the person you despise, you just want to cower away. Scream at the heavens that what a wonderful life it was, sarcastically I may add.

Tate stood frozen at the doorway but then started to chuckle teasingly. How fortunate of him to laugh at the moment while I stood still against the wall, not even daring to move a muscle.

I silently wished that I was wrong. I was delirious.

"What in the hell are you doing in your room?" Tate asked but didn't go in the room.

I heard a groan coming from the room.

"That's none of your business," the person in the room hissed.

My heart was thumping like I was lacking oxygen. I was never nervous, but at this moment, I could feel blood pumping in my head. The temperature felt like it was dropping drastically.

Tate looked at me with a grin on his face.

"You alright?" he asked.

I willed myself not to show any signs of distress.

"Yup," I said, playing cool.

Tate's grin grew wider then held my hand, pulling me in the room.

I wanted so badly to bolt into a run.

"Tate, I said get the fuck out!"

Now that I was in the room, I was 99 percent sure that I was right. That voice was owned by the person that I despise.

"No can do, buddy. Hot new girl is in need of some strong shit," Tate said motioning at me.

Hey, Tori. Get over it. Don't be a scaredy cat.

Another lesson from Timara: show your enemy how happy you are.

I turned my head to who Tate was talking with. And my 1% was immediately confirmed.

Here I was, standing in a middle of a dim lighted room and I was face to face with the devil.

"So what do you have?" I said confidently.

Tate was still holding my hand. And at the moment, it was a great asset.

The guy was sitting on his bed with his laptop on. The light that was coming from his laptop was the only light that showed his face clearly to us. He squinted his blue eyes as if recognizing my voice.

He should.

"Well?" I said impatiently.

I was really going to get pissed at anyone if this shit face doesn't have anything strong. At the moment, I was in serious need to get so drunk.

"Alec!" Tate snapped.

Man, I hate that name.

With all my strength, I blocked out all the thoughts that were coming in my mind. I started to shut off my brain not wanting any thoughts feed my mind.

"Okay, I'm wasting my time."

I pulled out of Tate's grip and was about to walk out of the room.

"Wait!" Alec said.

My shoulders tensed against his powerful voice. The room lit up. I turned my back to face them again, only to see him walking towards me.

"What are you doing here?" he growled.