Chapter 7 - Take This Away

A freaking bowl of cereal. That was his freaking peace offering. And I hated it. It was not because it was cheap or something. I hated it because he freaking remembered.

My arm was throbbing in pain. The pain relievers had worn out.

"Mom?" I called out.

No one answered. Of course they'd be at work by now.

Tears were starting to fill my eyes as the pain worsen. I was starting to get angry. Mostly to Alec since he took me to that stupid skateboarding place.

I groaned in pain and started to shuffle to my feet. I didn't care if my vision was fuzzy due to the pain. I was getting that pain killer.

"What are you doing?"

I turned my head, only to see Alec standing by the door. He walked towards me with a frown.

"You should be resting," he pointed out as he slowly helped me back to my bed.

"My arm's hurting," I said.

He sighed and nodded his head.

"I'm really sorry, Tori," he said sincerely.

At that moment I didn't care about his apology. I needed that goddamn medicine.

"Get me my meds, Alec!"

He quickly nodded his head and kissed my cheek before standing up to leave the room. Not more than 5-3 minutes, he was back in my room with my medication.

"Here," he said before handing them to me.

In just a millisecond, I devoured the medicine. Silence enveloped the both of us. I was not in the mood to talk with him and I knew he was aware of my annoyance with him.

"I'm sorry," he repeated.

I started at him and took in what he was wearing. He was in the same clothes he was in awhile ago. His dark pants and a black sweatshirt that he used when we went to the skateboarding park.

Slowly, I started to realize that it was not entirely his fault. Even though he forced me to freaking try the skateboard, I had followed him.

I sighed, feeling the pain slowly wavering. "It's okay. I'm sorry too."

Alec shook his head. His blue eyes stared at me with so much emotions. I hated the way it held pain.

"I should have not left you," he muttered.

Taking my good arm, I lifted his head up to face me with my fingers.

"It's not your fault, Alec. I rode that freaking skateboard."

"But I forced you."

"And I let you force me. Alec, it's really okay."

He shook his head. "Can you please tell me what I can do? Like a peace offering or something."

I chuckled at that. He was my best friend, of course I should have known that he was not giving up on that apology thing even though I have completely forgiven him.

"Alec, you don't have to-"

Alec held my hand and kissed it. "Just let me ease myself, love. Tell me what I can do."

I smiled softly. "Fine. Got get me a bowl of fruit loops."

He looked at me like I was weird. "Fruit loops?"