Chapter 11- Call For Back Up

I dragged my feet groggily to the auditorium. A part of me was half grateful that we were called for an assembly but another part of me just wanted to be in class, where I can sit at the far back of the room and sleep. When I got in the auditorium, the place was already packed with students occupying the red velvet chairs that faced the large stage.

"There you are," a voice said.

I turned around and tried my best to not let out an annoyed groan. All day, I have been trying to avoid everyone. That was including Sasha, Tate, Leo and especially Alec.

"Hey, Leo," I muttered.

He looked at me weirdly before offering a light smile. "We reserved a seat for you."

Great. Just flipping great.

"We made sure to keep your seat at least 2 seats away from Alec's," he added.

I didn't want to be rude. I mean, come on, I have already been so rude, might as well play nice for the remaining hours of the day.

"Thanks," I said.

He lead me to our seat. Sasha and Tate sat together, while Alec sat at the chair beside Tate. There was an empty chair just beside Sasha and another chair beside that. I guess Leo did keep his word.

As I took my seat, I was aware of Alec's gaze on me. It wasn't that I was feeling things, no. When I took my seat, I made sure to take a quick glance to Alec. And sure he was looking at me.

Come on, you were flattered. My annoying mind said, making me frown.

"What's with the frown, smurf?" Leo asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing. It's just my face."

He sighed but didn't say anything.

At times, my mood was really disheartening. There were rare moments when I actually miss being able to smile and laugh with no worry. I do miss being nice to people and having a positive outlook in life. But I've already tried being that person again. I guess, I couldn't really bring back someone who has already been lost.

"Good day!" Mr. Marks came into our full view with a giddy smile on his face.

I positioned myself to get comfortable. I was going to sleep no matter how many people can see me.

"I have cancelled your afternoon classes because we have a very special person joining our humble abode today and for the next two months. Of course you know him already. Mr. Zach Austin," he announced.

Zach Austin walked on the stage with a bright smile on his face. Even the girls who were seating far away from the stage fixed the way they looked. Who wouldn't? It was like a Greek god walked on the stage sporting his bright white smile.

"Hey, guys," he said through the microphone.

The crowd responded in a series of chatters of 'hi', 'hello' and whatnot.

Zach cleared his throat. "Well, let's get down to business shall we? Mr. Marks has announced that he cancelled your afternoon classes so you guys can meet with me. And since I, myself, certainly didn't like being held in school. I'll try to make this talk fast so you can go back to your dorms afterwards."

The crowd cheered.

"That is, if I finish early. I'll be discussing something important today," he added which made us groan.

So much for being cool, Uncle Zach.

"Alec, where can I buy some of your genes? You Austins are so fine," A girl sitting in front of us practically purred at Alec.