Chapter 1 - How It Started

   When life has given you more crap than a goat with diarrhea, you would think that you are ready for anything that could possibly crush you.

   Well, that's what I thought anyway.

   The crappiest day of my life happened almost two years ago. I lost everything. Including myself, but let's not dwell on that.

   The point is, I was ready for any shit that might happen, that's before my mother spilled something important that could possibly ruin my life.

   It all happened in one sunny morning in London. I have been in this place since I was a kid, so I was aware that when there's sun it's a freaking miracle.

   Anyway, I skipped down the stairs like I was on my way towards happy land. Well, I was. The kitchen was my happy land, especially if the smell of blueberry pancakes filled our house.

   "Tori! Your footsteps!"

   I almost laughed at my mom's annoyance.

   I was aware that my mother always gets annoyed with my footsteps whenever I ran towards the kitchen.

   I came into a halt when I was near the doorway of our kitchen and walked slowly in. The sight that greeted me was a woman with her back against me. Her long blond hair stopped at the top of her waist.

   "Serve me, woman!" I said like a bratty child as I slid on the bar stool.

   My mother's shoulders shook as she lightly chuckled. She turned around with her blue eyes glinting with amusement.

   "Yes, mam," she played along.

   She slid a stack of pancakes in front of me and did the same with hers. Together, we started eating.

   As soon as the mouthwatering pancake hit my tastebuds, it felt like there was an explosion of flavors in my mouth. My eyes rolled back at the back of my head.

   "Ahh," I moaned.

   My mother's laughter filled the room.

"Is that blueberry pancakes?"

   I twisted my head to look at the brown haired man by the door. He had an ear splitting grin on his face.

   "All for me, daddy!" I teased as I took another huge bite.

   My father rolled his eyes before walking towards us.

   "I saved some for you, honey," My mom informed him.

   I pouted. "Not all for your princess?"

   "Nope. All for the king!" My dad released an evil laugh as he tried to grab my plate.

   "Hands off, mister!"

   My dad retreated his hand after I slapped him.

   "You're very violent."

   "Can we just eat breakfast like a normal family would do?" My mom broke us before we start bantering.

   "Mom, normal is not in our vocabulary."

   "Why is she our daughter?"

   My mouth formed into an 'o' as soon as the words escaped from my father's mouth. Although, I was a bit shocked at his teasing words my mother started laughing.

   "I think that's because when we made her-"

   "Okay! No talking about your sex life! Nope, uh-uh," I stopped them.