hospital

Sunday, April 5
7:20 a.m.

Benjis pov

I woke up the next morning in the hospital. I had to have surgery on my leg to insure that it healed okay. I still felt drowsy from antibiotics, and I blinked a few times to adjust my vision. Jorge lied on the couch asleep. No one else was in the room. God it was freezing in here. Goosebumps gathered on my arms and legs. Jorge stirred and opened his eyes, glancing up at me.

"You're awake" he said croakily.

"You didn't have to stay here all night" I blushed and looked down.

"Yes I did." silence passed between us for a few seconds. I'm don't know why I feel guilty for what happened yesterday. I should be grateful that I got him out of marrying that psychopath, but some other voice was telling me that I should be guilty.

"Benji?"

"Hm?"

"W-... what now?"

"Well, what do you want?"

"I just want- you.."

"You have me"

He sighed and walked over to me, placing a long kiss on my lips.

"Wha-" a familiar voice spoke.

We pulled from the kiss and snapped our heads towards the door to see Kaitlyn, on the verge of tears as her expression clearly told us that she had seen us kiss.

Shit..

"Kaitlyn I-"

"Shush. I- I have to go" a single tear slipped out of her eye. I completely forgot that I would have to tell Kaitlyn about all this.. but normally she wouldn't react like that. Usually I would just get a snappy lecture and possibly the silent treatment for a bit until she forgave me for whatever I'd done . Well, I guess that's where the guilt is stemming from.

"Benji what was that?"

"You d-didn't know that I've been with her this whole time?"

"No.."

"Oh. Don't worry though. I'll break it off with her as soon as I'm mobile again" he giggled and shook his head.

"Come here" I held my arms out and lifted the blanket. He sniffled and crawled into bed next to me resting his head on my upper arm, careful not to touch my leg, which I was grateful for. He snuggled himself into my side, and I kept my arm protectively around him. I couldn't possibly be the only one hurting right now.

~

Jorge slept in my arms for hours. I slept for most. But I woke up and was conflicted, thinking about the whole Kaitlyn thing. Maybe I should text her? Yeah. I'll do that.

B - hey b. Are you okay?

K - what makes you think I would be okay

B - Kait, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But Jorge is, the one. I can't really uh, leave the hospital, but I wanted to check up on you sooner rather than later. Again, I'm really sorry.

read 11:03

B - I love you. I still care about you Kaitlyn. But this wasn't ever going to work.. I think we both know that. I'll see you tomorrow hun.

I put my phone down and sighed deeply. I truly did care about her. I didn't want to make her sad, but this was something only fate itself could decide. This was how it was supposed to be.

^^**

Okay I've confirmed there will be one more chapter. Sorry it's short. I didn't want a ton of time skips in the last chapter 😘 wattpad is so dead rn-

April 9, 2020.
Word count: 575