a trip to barcelona

Friday, March 27
8:30 a.m.

I woke up from my content slumber to the Kaitlyns soft breaths. I cringed remembering we were both still naked under the covers. Yes, she may be a bitch, but I gotta admit, she's good in bed. I glanced at the time on my phone- 8:36. I really didn't wanna get up, but we had a train to catch at 9:15.

Ever since I had told Kait about the wedding, she had kept her mouth mostly shut. It was making me remember the good times when she and I had just gotten together, when she was so sweet and caring. Wonder what ever happened to that. I don't know, maybe she had a change in heart? Well, no matter the reason, it felt nice.

I sat up and gently pecked her on the forehead as she slept, deciding to let her sleep for a little longer. I could just get everything ready to leave for her, that way she could sleep longer. Wow I'm being generous today. I got up and took a shower, proceeding to get dressed after. I made a quick breakfast for the both of us after putting our things by the door. After I was content with how I looked I walked into our room to wake Kaitlyn up. I gently shook her, hoping not to annoy her.

"Hey Kaitlyn baby, we gotta leave in like 20 minutes, I made us breakfast"

"Okay okay, I'll be out there in a few minutes."

"Okay." I smiled and kissed her softly. I was feeling oddly happy, and touchy.. attentive. Hmmm.

I waited for her to finish getting ready on the couch, scrolling unamused on my phone. Soon I heard her come into the kitchen. I walked over to her, thinking maybe I'd try and sweet talk her, but I forgot what I was going when I looked at her. She typically did a full face of makeup, I hardly ever saw her without it. But today she was clean faced, and I almost forgot how pretty she is without makeup on.

"Benji? Why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my face?"

"Wha- oh n-no no you don't. You're gorgeous."

"Aw thank you babe." She pecked me one the cheek and went to the door to get on her shoes. I did the same and we headed out the door to the train station.

~

We arrived a few hours later in Barcelona. I hadn't been back here in forever. We walked to our hotel, admiring the scenery. Barcelona was a cute little town, and I miss the years I had spent here. As we walked down the street, I remembered all the little things. Memories flashed before my eyes. You and Jorges memories. No. Just my memories.

Once we made it to our hotel we checked in and headed up to our room. It was nice. It had a large kitchen for a hotel, and a balcony which held our own little jacuzzi. I liked the whole aesthetic of the place, very modern and classy, with its pearly marble floors, and gold rimmed furniture. I silently thanked myself for booking this one.

"Hey I said that I would meet some old friends down by the peer, so I'll see you later." She came over and pecked me on the lips, then left, leaving me alone.

I hadn't exactly made any plans here, besides the wedding and bachelor party. I thought maybe I could just go visit my parents while she was gone. Maybe they will accept me now that I'm with a girl.

1 hour later

I was now at my parents house, drinking some wine outside on the back porch. They were sat across from me on a sofa, a coffee table in between the three of us.

"So Ben, how have you been?" My mom asked. My dad had never been good with conversation.

"I go by Benji." I said sternly. "But I guess I've been okay. I'm with Kaitlyn as you know, and I suppose we are doing well."

"So when are we going to meet her?"

"M-meet her?" I almost choked on my drink.

"Yes meet her. Of course we want to meet her. After all, you have been with her for what? S-"

"Almost three years now" I interrupted her.

"Yes and we have never even met her. It's outrageous. You must bring her over here sometime in the next week!"

"Ugh, fine. Maybe."

"Don't you want to meet her Andre?" My mom asked Dad.

They began talking between themselves, probably expecting me to join in on their conversation. Ha, not happening. I zoned their voices out, focusing on the condensation gathering on my hands from the outside of my glass.

"-nji? Benji!"

"Oh sorry. I spaced out. What?"

"Well I was telling you that your father and I are going out tonight. In fact we have to leave in a moment, so you best be going."

"Okay.." I quickly gulped down the rest of my wine and got up, making my way back through the house and to the front door.

"Aren't you going to say bye?"

I don't think I can physically roll my eyes any harder-

"Bye." I snapped, and exited the house. Making my way back to our hotel.

~

I made it back, some food I had bought for us in hand. Kaitlyn was on the couch, watching something on her phone.

"Oh hey, you're back. What's that?"

"Yeah. Uh I wasn't sure if you had eaten so I got us Cafe Rio. I got you a few things if you'd like them."

"Oh yeah sure."

"Also, my parents said they want me to bring you to their house sometime this week, to meet you."

"Interesting."

"Mhm."

I ate my food at the counter, Kait soon coming over to join me.

"So who did you meet up with?" I asked her.

"Oh just a few people."

"Who?"

"Addison, Kendall, Marie.."

"Cool."

"Oh and also Jorge."

"W- what?"

**^^

Oooo. Interesting. Are you liking it so far?
March 22, 2020.
Word count: 1019