a dreadful wedding

vote pls? 🥺

Saturday, April 4
6:00

I tied my tie around my neck, adjusting it for the intense amount of deep breaths I'd be doing. I hadn't done much the past 2 days, other than eat and mope around. I debated on just not going to the wedding at all, but decided against it. Even though Jorge never meant to invite me, and even though he was still getting married to someone else, I still intended to show my support and love for him.. even if I couldn't visibly show it any other way other than being there. Hopefully I'd be able to handle it...

"Are you ready to leave?" Kaitlyn asked me, leaning against the bedroom doorframe.

"Yeah." I paused to look at her. She had a gorgeous purple dress on, with sparkles and slightly sheer fabric around her legs. I had to admit, she looked flawless.

"You look gorgeous baby.." I said snaking my hands around her waist and pulling her into a hug.

"Oh uh, thank you. Are you.. feeling okay?" Of course she had to ask that-

"Yeah of course. I'm just great." Liar.

"Okay then let's go."

~

We arrived at the venue at 7:20, swarming with people. We still had 10 minutes until the ceremony began. I felt my hands go numb as we stepped into the actual ceremonial room, where people were already beginning to be seated. I took me and Kaitlyn to a row closer to the back, about the fourth row down. The whole room had a lovely floral scent, and the walls were an off white color with dashing pillars all across. The chairs were comfortable and a nice shade of light pink. Soon the priest called everyone into the room to be seated and everyone did so accordingly, taking up nearly every chair. Damn, didn't know this many people would show up, not that I could really judge, who wouldn't want to watch the most gorgeous man in the world walk down that isle? Definitely not me. At least not from where I am sitting.

Jorges pov (yes, you read that right)

I sat in the chair looking at myself in the mirror. This whole day felt off. I can only think of one reason..

I had made the decision not to wear a dress (mainly because Collin wouldn't let me, he wanted me to wear a suit). I stared at myself in the mirror, picking myself apart. I wanted to look perfect. I was wearing a pretty suit, a nice shade of Spanish pink, made with a satiny material so it would look pleasantly shiny. I had a single pink rose on my suit, and a similar bow tie. I had always imagined myself wearing a dress at my wedding, but this would have to do. Anything to make Collin happy, even if that wasn't exactly what I wanted anymore.

"Jorge, are you ready son?" My dad asked me. I nodded hesitantly and made my way over to him, picking up my bouquet along the way. "Yeah."

"Are you nervous?"

"A little bit. Just don't let me fall dad.."

"Never."

We walked to the doors and I took a deep breath. We had to wait until the music started for us to enter and walk down the isle. We heard the music begin to play and the doors opened with a quiet, shallow creak. Everyone stood up as I entered, keeping their eyes on me. It was overwhelming how many people there were, but reassuring nonetheless. I glanced to my side without moving my head, spotting Benji. The second I noticed him I glued my eyes to the man at the end of the isle, ignoring the guilt that stung in my veins. I made it to the end of the isle without tripping, thankfully. My dad kissed my cheek and handed me off to my soon to be husband. I made the best smile I could, and allowed him to caress my hands with his own as we awaited the priests direction.

"We have gathered here today to.." the priest did his whole speech, all the while I looked into Collins eyes. He always did have such pretty blue eyes..

"You May now recite your vows"

"Jorge, I.." I zoned Collin out, thinking about how I would feel right now if Benji were to be in his place. It was wrong of me to do, but I would do anything to get away from the inevitable pain, guilt, and regret that was sure to come after this ceremony.

"And I will love you forever.." Collin finished, waiting for me to recite my own vows. I did as expected, and recited my vows that I had practiced millions of times, easily saying word after word with no hesitation or mistake. For some reason it bothered me how easy it was for me to recite the vows to this man. I put his ring on his finger, and he slipped my ring on mine.

"So, do you, Collin Mathew Myers, take him to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do"

"And do you, Jorge Juan Garay Dicenta, take him to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I heard a noise in the crowd, and I watched as Benji got up from his seat with pain in his eyes, and ran out the large doors, causing everyone to pause to look at him leaving the room. I felt myself get increasingly more anxious, and my hands become clammy, as I fiddled with them. I looked Collin in his big blue eyes, watching as he eagerly awaited me to say those two fateful words. But, my mind and my heart were taking me two different ways. I swallowed hard, knowing what I was about to do, I might regret.  I looked down at my ring on my finger, and hesitantly slipped it off with shaky hands, and placed it in Collins palm. I mumbled an apology, and ran back down the isle, towards the door, ignoring all the gasps and whispers, and Collin calling my name. I opened the door and saw Benji leaning on the balcony sorrowfully. I smiled, ignoring the guilt that was trailing behind me, screaming to go back.

I walked over to Benji. He turned around, hearing my footsteps, as tears seared down his face. I looked at him longingly for a moment, deciding on what to do. And after a moment, I knew. I walked quickly up to Benji, and he gratefully walked back towards me, his hands trembling more and more with each step that he took. We reached each other, and I immediately put my hands on his cheek, pulling him into a passionate kiss, with a tear falling from my eye. And for the first time in forever, I felt like I belonged, like this was where I was supposed to be, and I knew that it was right.

**^^

Hello my loves. I loved this chapter so much I- anyway, I promise this book isn't quite over yet, and I hope you loved this chapter as much as I did.

April 5, 2020.
Word count: 1193