invitation

Saturday, March 21
9 p.m.

I lazily trudged up the stairs to my apartment, ready to rest from the long day of shit I had dealt with. However, I wasn't in the mood to deal with Kaitlyns bull. I knew that as soon as I walked through the door she would be pestering me about everything I did or didn't do. Of course, I try to not let my anger get the best of me. I didn't wanna lose her. I love her. No you don't. Yes I do, shut up. You only don't wanna lose her cause she's paying half the rent. Haha, sure. God, I'm a dick.

I approached the door and picked up the stack of mail that lied on the welcome mat. Not welcome. I groaned as I passed through the door, preparing myself for Kaitlyns lectures.

"Finally you're home" she rolled her eyes as she walked past me into the kitchen. I pondered for a moment, wondering if I should try and be nice and maybe sweet talk her. Maybe if I did then she might let me be for a bit. Nah. I knew she was on the verge of an explosion for whatever reason, so I decided to ignore her and walked into our bedroom. I sorted through the mail, putting each of ours in separate piles, as I did every day. I tossed hers onto the nightstand and looked at the one piece of mail that was mine.

On the front of the large envelope was my address and name, written in neat, pretty letters. Familiar. I tore the top open, revealing a card. I felt the smooth texture between my fingers..

Benjamin Krol

You are invited to the wedding of Jorge Juan Garay Dicenta and Collin Mathew Myers.
Address: King County Ceremonial Estate, Barcelona
Date: Saturday, April 4th
Time: 7 p.m.
The ceremony will begin at 7:30 sharp. We wish to see you there!

As per request, you are also invited to Jorges bachelor party.
Address: 670 North, 4359 South, Wood Boulevard
Date: Saturday, March 28th
Time: 8 p.m.

yours truly,
Jorge and Collin ♡︎

I sat stunned for a moment. I knew we had parted, but for some reason I just despised the idea of him getting married to this Collin guy. Who does this guy think he is? Sometimes I forget that it's been 6 years.. and how I felt with him.. damn, it was a hell of a lot better than this. I'm not happy with her, and with everything that's happened, she still doesn't help, or make any of it easier to deal with. I wish. Because maybe I can't do it all on my own, and maybe I do need help. No I don't.

I shake off the thought and wipe away tears threatening to fall. I'm not gonna cry over him. I will not. I'm over him. Have been for years. You aren't. Yes I am.

"Benji! Come here!" Kaitlyns voice broke through my thoughts. God, can she just give it a rest for ten fucking minutes? I groaned and made my way to the kitchen.

"What would you need dearest?"

"I need you to do some work around here! You never help around the house!"

"Kaitlyn, just cause you don't see me doing shit, doesn't mean I didn't do it. Sorry but I prefer to do my share of things when your at work so you can't bitch about it."

"I do not bitch about anything."

"The fuck, you are right now."

"Am not"

"God you're such a child." I rolled my eyes at her sass, going over to sit on the couch.

"Whatever, I'm going out."

"Hold on where are you going?"

"To a bar or something. I don't know! I just don't wanna be here."

She clutched her purse and walked out, slamming the door behind her. Nah, I take it back. I don't love her. I just stick with her. Not sure why at this point. She goes out like this almost every night. I've come to the conclusion that she's spending her time with some other guy. Not that I really care. Should I go after her? Make her feel better? No, it's the thought that counts. Well, maybe I should text Syd.. yeah. He's good at getting my mind off stuff. And he's still friends with Jorge..

me- hey Syd. How's Jorge doing these days?

Dammit, why'd I ask this so suddenly?

Syd- uh he's good I think. He's getting married in like two weeks.

me- oh yeah I got an invitation.

Syd- really? I honestly didn't expect him to invite you-

me- well he did

What if he regrets inviting me?

Syd- interesting. Anyways I gotta go sorry

me- Ugh okay
me- bye

Well, I didn't get shit out of that. I stared at my phone, thinking deeply. But after a few minutes, I found myself scrolling through me and Jorges old pictures. I look back at them every once in a while, when I'm feeling lonely, or sad. I never wanted to break up in the first place. I truly don't think he did either. After all, I always thought that he would come back to me after all this college stuff. He said he would never leave me. But I've heard that a lot. From a lot of people. It's not like any of them kept that promise, and it's not like I expected them to anyway.. though I wish one of them had followed through.

Well, it can't be all that bad, going all the way back to Barcelona for the first time in years. I could see Syd, and Noen, and maybe, hopefully get some separation from Kaitlyn. But, as much as I say I'm over him, I don't think I ever will be. But, even if I'm not over him maybe this little trip could be good, and I could get some closure. I hope.

**^^

WELP first chapter! I hope you all liked it :,) THIS IS SO RUSHED AND BAD I HATE IT
I honestly just got bored and wanted to write and this was the product. Luv u
March 21, 2020
Word Count: 1032