The Closet

~Harry's POV~

I am NOT a morning person.

When I woke up, the sun was just coming up. I cover my head with a pillow and try to fall back to sleep. After a couple unsuccessful minutes, I sigh and get out of bed. Ron and Neville are still sleeping. Dean and Seamus aren't in the dorm. Typical. They usually wake up pretty early.

Yawning, I go to the restroom. I splash some cold water on my face to wake up. It helps a bit. After that, I grab my clothes from my trunk and get dressed. I fumble with my tie for a bit, but I'm still too tired to tie it properly. Oh well. I silently slip out of the dorm and head down to the common room.

"Morning Harry." Hermione is sitting on the couch fixing her hair.

"Hey Hermione. How did you sleep?" I ask to be polite. She finishes her hair and turns towards me grinning.

"I slept alright. I was actually just about to go to the library to meet Pansy. Would you like to come?" I'm not going to lie, going to the library right now sounds AWFUL, but Hermione is looking at me with such pleading eyes. She rarely asks me to do anything, so I reluctantly agree.

~

"Did anything happen between you and Draco yesterday?" Hermione asks casually while we're walking to the library. I was surprised at the sudden question, so my face flushes.

"I, um- No... Why would you think that?" I ask trying not to sound guilty. Hermione spins around suddenly, stopping me in my tracks. She stares me down. I try to avoid looking at her. Without another word, she turns around again and continues walking. I could have sworn I saw her smirking. Did she know something? We don't speak again until we get to the library. Once inside, Hermione hurries ahead of me. I follow her without bothering to catch up.

"... mind, I brought a friend." I hear voices down an aisle. I turn and see Hermione talking to Pansy. I head towards them.

"Of course I don't mind. I actually brought one too." Hermione says as I reach where she's standing. I step up next to her. I shift my glance to the left of Pansy to see someone sitting next to her. Draco. Happiness floods through me, but I hold it back. I bring up my hand in a small wave. He smiles back without saying anything.

Hermione and Pansy move over to the bookshelf to talk a bit. I decide to take a seat next to Draco. I had thought of so many things to say to him after yesterday, but all of them seemed to have slipped my mind as I sit down.

"Hi." I say simply. Stupid brain.

"Hey..." Draco says back. He doesn't say anything else, just looks at his hands. I bit the inside of my lip. Think Harry. Think. What should I say? I take a breath and Draco looks over at me.

"Okay, look," I say shaking my head, "I don't want things to be awkward between us. Let's just forget about what happened yesterday and move on. Alright?" I look at him expectantly. He doesn't say anything at first, but then he mumbles something under his breath.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you." I ask. His ears become a slight shade of red.

"Nothing. I didn't say anything." He says staring at his nails which are bitten down to the flesh.

"I know you said something. Just tell me." I say. He bites his lips and shuts his eyes as if holding something back. I wait for a reply but he doesn't offer one. Is he okay? "Draco what's wro-"

"What if I don't want to forget about yesterday?!" He cuts me off and stares at me with tears behind his eyes. I blush furiously. I wasn't expecting that answer. I look around. There's a lot of people in the library. I don't want anyone to overhear. Draco is still staring at me sadly. I need to talk to him, but not here.

"Come on. Let's go somewhere more private." I grab his wrist and lead him out of the library doors. I know there's a broom closet around here somewhere. I turn left down the corridor. Found it. I open the door and lead Draco in secretly. Once inside, I lock and silence the door so that we can talk. For a broom closet, it's actually pretty spacious in here. I sigh. "Alright. We can talk here."

Draco looks embarrassed. I smile at him. He doesn't return it. He looks like he's on the verge of tears. I walk over to him and bring him into a hug. He wraps himself around me.

"What's wrong?" I ask softly. I look up at him. He takes a shaky breath before speaking.

"I'm sorry, it's just... I don't know. I think I really like you, but I'm scared because I've never liked a guy before. I want to be near you and it not be awkward because you make me happy. I've never felt this way about anyone, but when you kissed me it was the best feeling in the world. I don't want to forget it, but I don't know how to live with it either. And, and I-" I don't let him finish. I throw myself around him and kiss him. He kisses me back roughly. I tilt my head to deepen the kiss. My hands are knotted in his hair and his are around my waist. His grazes my lip asking for entry. My eyelids flutter and I let him in. I moan lightly as he explores with his tongue. He smirks and pulls me closer. After a while, we break apart. Draco is smiling now. I love his smile. My cheeks are flushed but I don't care. I'm grinning back like an idiot. You don't know how long I've waited to do that.

"So..." Draco says while rubbing the back of his neck. I panic. I need to say something so this isn't so awkward. I can't think of anything, so I blurt out what I've wanted to say for so long.

"I can't take it anymore, so I'm just going to say it. I like you Draco. A lot. If you don't like me back that's alright but I-" I'm cut off by him kissing me again, lightly this time. I kiss back and wrap my arms around him. His lips are soft and it feels nice. He pulls away after a moment and looks me in the eyes.

"I like you too."

~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry, I'm not good at writing kiss scenes...

Anyways, I have a question for you guys.

~

~

~

~

~

Who should be top? :)

Thanks for reading!

❤-Fanon_is_better