Chapter 33- New Beginning

Bill's p.o.v.

Y/n took it hard when Bowers cut down our tree. Even though I calmed her down, she still was out of it at the diner. She barely touched her ice cream sunday.

-

"You okay?" I asked as I grabbed her hand over the table.
"Yeah, I'll be alright. I just wish this all would go away. We could have a new beginning." She gave me a weak smile before looking out the window, her eyes reflecting passing cars' headlights.

"We could have a new beginning."

"A new beginning."

-

I know I told y/n that Henry just wants a reaction out of us, and that we shouldn't give in, but I couldn't help but shove him to the ground and maybe slug him in the face a few times.

"Get off me, dirtbag!" Henry spat as he tried to push me off him, then he kneed me and I fell back. The wind was knocked out of me as I laid on the ground, teachers eventually pulling me up and holding Henry back.

We both were pulled into the principal's office where we both took a seat, waiting for our inevitable doom.

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Mr. Bowers, this is -I want to say the eighth- time you've been in my office this year?"
Henry nodded.
"And Mr. Denbrough, I expected a lot more from you. You've always had a spotless record until this year." He gave me a cold look, but not nearly as cold as the ones he gave Henry.

"I didn't even start it this time-"
"I don't care who started it! You both have detention this Saturday and a phone call will be made to your parents. Am I clear?" He spoke sternly with annoyance.

"Yes Mr. Peters." We both said in unison.

"Now go to your next classes."

-

"You beat up Bowers?" Y/n said with anger yet concern.
I nodded as I bit into my sandwich, watching as the devil himself walked into the cafeteria with a huge bruise on his cheek.

I smirked.

"Way to go Billiam!" Richie cheered as he patted my back.

"Bill, you can't keep getting into fights with him! You said yourself that we shouldn't let him get to us!" Y/n argued, clearly distraught.

"I know, I know. B-But after what he d-did to us,"
"What did he do to you?" Ben asked as he raised a brow.

Here we go.

Y/N p.o.v.

"Damn," Beverly said with a sigh after hearing what went down with Bowers yesterday.

"I know." I said, a sad laugh escaped my lips, I still can't believe that our tree was cut down.

"What a dickhead." Eddie shook his head in disgust while crossing his arms tightly, making his shoulders rise.
Bill grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly, trying to lift my spirits in anyway he could.

"How about we all go to the quarry after school? The water's supposed to be nice, Mike and I were going to go anyway." Stan suggested with a slight shrug.

It would be nice to take my mind off things for a while.

"I like the way you think, Stan the man! We're in." Richie announced, speaking for himself and Eddie.

"M-Me too!" Bill said as he raised his hand.
"Count us in!" Bev said in her usual bubbly tone before kissing Ben's rosy cheek.

"I'll go, but I have one condition. I'd like to stay in the shallow end."

-

My legs shook as I looked down at the calm, blue water from the cliff.

It was a high jump.

I know I'd done it a couple times before, but this time it felt different. It felt like I wasn't just jumping, more like I was moving forward.
Like I was about to dive into a new beginning. Leaving the past in the past.

"Y-You alright?" Bill asked as he took my hand, intertwining our fingers.

It was as if the world stopped.
It stopped for me to really open my eyes.

My eyes locked with his. I saw every one of his features. His brown hair with a reddish tint. His sea foam eyes. His pink full lips.

I didn't just see the physical aspect though, it was if I looked into his heart, his soul.
I saw the kindness he had. The bravery.
He's so, so brave.
And his immense strength, his ability to stay strong for himself and others.
He is perfect.

He is my home.

He is my new beginning.

"I'm perfect, Billy." I kissed his cheek quickly before jumping off the cliff with no hesitation, hands still holding hands.

The brisk water sent chills up my spine as it consumed me. It felt refreshing, beautiful even.
As my head broke the surface my lungs filled with the sweet air that was once bitter.

The sky seemed bluer, brighter even. The gray clouds seemed to disappear, showing nothing but clear sky's ahead.

I looked around until I met Bill's eyes. I gave him a smile, showing off my pearly whites, then looked around at the other losers splashing in the water.

Everyone was laughing.
Everyone was happy.

Eddie was trying to dunk Richie underwater but evidently failed. They were both smiling.

Beverly was on Ben's shoulders as they chicken fought with Stan that was on Mike's shoulders. They were all smiling.

Then I looked back at Bill. He had the widest, most hopeful smile I'd ever seen.

It was like we all knew that everything was going to be okay. We knew that we could be who wanted to be now. We all knew that this was our life, and we couldn't keep living in the past.

We knew that this was our new beginning.

964 words

An Author's Note:

It's not over yet!! I know this is a super short chapter, but there's one more left. I'm actually really nervous for some reason. I can't believe I'm almost done this book, I've already started a reddie book and I'm sooooo excited!!

Happy reading!!<33333333333