Marshmallows (Chapter 9)

taadaaaaa.

dedicated to my lovely patient (;)) wifey, LamPayning. THANK YOU FOR HAVING FAITH IN ME!!

                   --------------------------------------

                              Louis’s POV

  Truth be told I’ve never really been scared on Halloween. I’m always the one pulling the pranks on the people. But this Halloween I was shitting my pants.

  The letter I had gotten from Zayn’s dad had never really registered until today. What he said was something among the lines off ‘I am going to, literally, kill you if you don’t stop seeing Zayn’. At first I had just brushed it off as a pretty lame excuse for his father to send me a letter, but now I don’t know. Why wouldn’t he want to kill me?

  And what was even worse was the fact that Zayn had now become pretty distant with me. We’ve been dating for a month now and he has been treating me a lot different since Jonathan came. He doesn’t give me that bright smile. His eyes don’t twinkle anymore. He doesn’t embrace me or hold my hand as we walk the hallways. He doesn’t cuddle anymore. He barely kisses me, and when he does it is just a small peck. Everything he has been thinking of is his father and how he has to always be on alert so he wont kill me.

  But I was so tired of this. I just had to speak to him about it. 

  Right now we were in my room, me sitting at my bed and he standing in front of my window, staring out and watching the people that were passing by.

  “You do realize that it is rude to stare, and quite creepy.” I quoted from the first time I met him.

  That earned myself a small chuckle from him and I high-fived myself mentally. He doesn’t do that so much. Not anymore.

  “You sure have a memory.” he said. “At least for a human.”

  “Well, maybe I just remember this because it was our first conversation.” I muttered, but knew he could easily hear. “These are the kinds of things I want to remember.”

  He looked back at me this time and walked over to my bed.

  He sat down on the opposite side and we just looked in each others eyes.

  “I have to watch the people.” he replied with a sigh. “Its Halloween and I don’t trust them. This is the most dangerous time of the year. You humans don’t know this, but Halloween is the time all the supernatural creatures streak. Ghosts, demons, vampires, spirits, even werewolves go through the pain of changing for it. This is the time that we can stroll around the streets without seeming suspicious. This is the time we blend in with everyone and can easily kill them.”

  I swallowed loudly. “Th-those are real? I mean the stories? All these horror stories about all this are not lies?”

  “Nope.” Zayn replied with a smirk. “Halloween is also my favorite time of the year.”

  “Why?” I asked. Always makes me interested getting to know new things about Zayn.

  “There are few reasons, actually.” he replied and licked his lips. “First of all it’s the thrill. The creepiness. Every year I used to go outside at midnight and stroll around, maybe coming across some spirits. They can take hold of whatever they want. Dolls, dead people, persons. Sometimes they take the form of a clown. Second reason is all the dull. Everything outside becomes so creepy and exciting. The trees seek down in their dead roots which makes them look like zombies, the grass gets this grayish color, the sky is completely grey like it is about to rain, when it really isn’t. its just all these spirits taking advantage of the thrill of Halloween. Then of course all the people that try to make themselves look like demons, vampires, ghosts. Its pretty enjoyable watching them as they try. I simply like everything about Halloween.”