Hiding From the Wolves (Chapter 17)

SO, guess who decided to be generous? ME! :D I decided to write ANOTHER chapter for you all and post it this evening, only because it's literally been about two months since the last one (oops?). But anyways, I'm not sure if I like this one or not, but its weird and confusing and not my best, so you know. But I won't complain.

Oh, and I'm dedicating this chapter to RosaIsMyName because she is a very loyal reader who votes and comments on my books which is something I really appreciate!

I hope you enjoy and.... feel happy! (:

                         ------------------------------------------ 

                                        Louis’ POV

  Everyone had been on their heels ever since Zayn told them about the danger they were in. None of them could go outside anymore without being afraid of being caught. And Zayn was getting more worried by each passing minute, their fear not helping him the last bit. But every time I tried to confront Zayn about it he just smiled and told me that he already found a place for us to stay. I thought that was amazing. Beyond amazing. But there was something wrong. Something about Zayn. He was so off all the time. He obviously knew something, something I didn’t. That wouldn’t have come as a surprise for me normally, but it did at that moment because taken the situation we were in, it must’ve been something big.

  “Okay, everyone, pack up the sleeping bags.” he ordered a few hours after our horrible incident in the cave. The lot of us were tired because of all the stress, barely keeping our eyes open in fear of something happening. Although I knew Zayn would protect us if it did, but I just couldn’t trust on that completely. There is after all only one Zayn and fourteen of us humans.

  “Where are we going?” Liam asked with curiosity. They had all started taking things a lot easier after Zayn told us that he found a place to hide. Except for me of course.

  “You’ll see.” he said, mysteriously before walking over to the hole where all the bags had been thrown. “Who’s first?”

  And with that he started passing us down, getting us on normal ground again. I wanted to be the last one down, only so I could cuddle Zayn without any interruptions, and he didn’t protest either so I chose to go along with the plan. I snuggled my head into his t-shirt, taking in the smell of him like usually. He had this natural cologne on him, and it was so weird. Normally you’d be able to smell someone’s shampoo or such, but his skin just had it’s signature smell. And it was better than any perfume ever made in this world.

  “So, which way are we going?” Niall asked this time, everyone getting curious and a bit uneasy. They had no idea where we were going, if we’d have to sleep on top of a cliff, or maybe inside a rotting hole in the ground. Not even I knew.

  “Just shut up and follow me.” Zayn snapped, and at first everyone got scared looking at Zayn with wide eyes and a frown, but then they noticed the amused expression on his face and they frowned, realizing that he was only joking. About the shut up part at least.

  The silence was thick as we walked through the woods, no one even daring to make a small sound in fear of someone hearing and busting us. Not that it was going to happen. It was just one of the things you can’t help but worry about in the most ridiculous situations. 

  I snuggled even closer to Zayn, feeling much safer the nearer to him I was, and he leaned down and pressed a long, smooth kiss against my temple as if assuring me that everything was going to be alright. And to be honest I wasn’t sure if that was true or not. But I had to believe it at the time, trusting my boyfriend more than I had ever trusted anyone.