Ancient nerds (Chapter 13)

PLEASE LISTEN UP:

this chapter got a bit to long when I wrote it, so I decided to split it into two different onces. Just thought you'd ought to know.

on other notes:

Here you go guys! Hope you enjoy it! I'm quite proud of it myself.

Oh, and just to be clear, I made all the shit and facts in the story up. For an example, this  'symbol of loyalty' thing was complete bullshit. Lol. And VERY dumb and not well written.

                     ------------------------------------------

                                      Zayn’s POV

  The last evening sure had been eventful. I’m not sure if I’ve ever known about anything that intense. So even though I couldn’t sleep I was still exhausted. And I had been resting peacefully the whole night, until I snapped back to reality from something at about 4 am lightly shaking.

  It took me a minute to realize that it was not the ground, but the body huddled in my arms. Louis was trembling like a madman, and at first I thought it was of cold -I myself couldn’t feel if it was hot or not- but then I realized how shaken up and shocked he must still be.

  I tried to calm him down, but that only made him come closer which meant more trembling. I did about everything I could think of to make him stop, but nothing seemed to be working. It’s not like it was really bothering me, but I knew that if he was shaking as badly as that he must be dreaming horribly or something on those notes. So I, guiltily, put my hand on his shoulder and tried to get him awake.

  It took quite a while, but after a few minutes his grayish eyes snapped opened in fear and he lay frozen in my arms.

  “Louis?” I asked worried, not completely sure what was happening, but he looked over to me after hearing the gentle tone in my voice and looked around, taking in his surroundings. It seemed like he just realized where he was and that he was in fact safe, so his body noticeably relaxed in my arms, causing me to let out a sigh from relief.

  But I could still see how shaken up he was. His forehead was a bit shiny from sweat and his cheeks red and fear present in his eyes.

  I gingerly took my hand and reached out for his cheek, knowing that if he protested it meant that he was still in a bit of shock. When he didn’t move away I let my hand touch his cheek softly, and he immediately responded by closing his eyes and leaning into my touch. I let a deep exhale out, not realizing that I had been holding it in, and pulled Louis even closer -if that was even possible.

  “Go to sleep, baby.” I whispered to him, but to my surprise he shook his head, mouthing a small ‘no’. “Why not?”

  It took him quite a while to get his voice back, but when he did it was as innocent and tender as I had ever heard it, and the vulnerability was driving me towards the edge.

  “I can’t sleep.” he told me desperately, almost like he thought I wouldn’t believe him. “And neither do I want to.”

  I nodded, not wanting to ask him any more questions because I knew that it would be hard for him to answer.

  “Well, since neither of us are sleeping it might be a bit nice to take a small walk outside.” I suggested. “We could get our minds of things.

  He immediately nodded, letting his head rest on my shoulder as his hands slung around my neck.

  I stood up and pushed his feet around my waist, letting my hands rest right below his bum since he needed some support.