Chapter 3-I'll Protect You

***Astin POV***

Silence filled the room for about 3 minutes until I decided to speak. "I'm Astin. What's your name?" I asked curiously. "Astin...?" She asked, not knowing what my name meant or that it was weird. "It's french... for starlike." I replied. "Oooooh... I'm Lune. Lune is french... for moon." She said shyly. "Nice to meet you, Lune." I said, extending my hand offering a handshake. "So... what pack are you from... Lune?" My father asked Lune. At that, Lune burst into tears. She didn't want to go back to her pack. I could see it in her eyes. I immediately turned around, and glared at my father with a low growl and turned back to Lune. "Please... Don't cry..." I said, trying to cheer her up. She hugged me tightly out of no where, and sobbed into my shoulder. I hugged her back, and she started to calm down. I pulled back and looked at her. "Are... Are you alright now...? I asked, worried."Yeah.... Im fine... I dont really have a pack..." She said. "Oh, well.. you can be apart of this pack if you'd like..." My dad offered to her. "Yeah... sure." Lune said. My mom checked her watch and saw that it was time for lights out. " Oh... Its bed time... come on Astin.. You dont want to be late for school tomorrow." She said. "Alright," I said and started towards the door. "Goodnight." I said and left the room, and started heading to my room to get ready for bed.

***Lune's POV***

As I watched him leave, I let out a yawn and stretched. I felt a bit comfortable with the pack I was now in, but I wasn't sure why. "Okay Lune, let's go find you a room to stay in." Astin's mom told me. I nodded and got up, with still a burning pain in my right leg. She led me to my room, and I sat on the bed in my room. I was so tired, but I couldn't sleep at all. There was just something... something deep inside me, that wouldn't let me go to sleep. It wasn't the burning pain in my leg, the stitches on both arms, or the giant headache I had. It was something... No. Someone... different.

I tried to go to sleep.

Nothing.

I rolled up in my covers.

Nada.

I closed my eyes.

Didn't work.

**Three Hours Later••

Astin's POV

I couldn't sleep either, it wasn't the bad dreams that kept me up, or the constant fear of getting raped again, or getting taken away by my uncle, it was definitely something else... no someone. I just sat there on my bed, reading.

Knock.
Knock.
Knock.

"Who could be there at this time of night.." I asked myself. "come in..." I said. And Lune came in. She was in a small nightgown my mom gave her to wear to sleep. It was hers when she was little and I guess she gave it to Lune. "Hey Astin..." Lune said as she came in. "Hey... Why are you up so late...?" I asked her. "I couldn't sleep. I'm guessing you couldn't either." She said. "Nope. Not at all." I said, giggling. "Could I... Stay in your room with you...?" She asked me, and at that my heart skipped two beats. "Y-Yeah.. Sure." I answered. She got in the covers with me and snuggled into my arms. My heart was beating so fast I thought I would have a heart attack. I was shy. Very shy, and broken too. She fell asleep and I kissed her forehead and fell asleep. At that, my life was changed forever.

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey everybody super sorry about the short chapter but dont worrk chapter 4 should be uploaded to day.