Chapter Seventeen- Intruders

Chapter Seventeen

Whitney's POV

"WHAT?! I'm calling the cops!" Niall whispers and whips out his phone.

I look at him, "NO! I don't want to cause any trouble!"

He pats his pant pockets, "Damn. I left my phone in there." I nod, wondering who the hell is in my house. I stand up a bit so I can look over the bushes we were hiding in.

"Who do you think is in there?" Niall asks, standing next to me, but crouching as well. I shake my head.

"I have no idea. I don't have any family here and I didn't give anyone a key." I'm racking my brain trying to think of who it is that could be in the house.

I grab Niall's hand and pull us out of the bushes. I let go and wipe myself off. Who is in there? I start to walk towards the door when I feel something hold me back. I look down. Niall had grabbed ahold of my jeans belt loop. He pulls me back.

"You have your phone don't you?" He whispers. My eyes widen. He cannot call the cops! His hand reaches down to my pocket and pulls my phone out.

Out of panic I grab my phone and throw it across the ground. Niall looks at it in shock. Damn I really liked that phone.

"Whitney!" Niall whined.

"I don't want to cause any trouble, Niall!" I tell him. For all I know the mob could be in there! He groans again. I wonder how long we've been out here. I turn to Niall but we both freeze when my name is called inside.

The front door opens and Niall and I jump back into the bushes. We look at each other and hold our breaths.

The door closes and Niall stands up, walking out of the bush.

"We need to go in there and see who's here!" Niall begins to walk towards the front door. I'm tempted to stop him but I felt a drop of rain.

It had stopped raining luckily so we weren't completely and totally drenched. But I didn't want to still be out here when it started pouring again.

I grab his hand and we walk to the front door. The lights were on and I didn't hear the TV playing. We reach the top of the steps, and I rest my hand on the door knob.

I look at Niall, my green eyes locked on his blue eyes. He nods, signaling me to go. I take a deep breath and turn the door handle.

The door opens and I see two people, a boy and a girl, sitting on the couch. The door hits the wall with a bang and the two people spring up and turn around to look at Niall and I. My eyes widen and I step into the house.

"MARK?!" I yelled.

"Whitney!" Mark yelled happily.

"Niall?!" Sydney exclaimed.

"Sydney?!" Niall stared at her in shock.

I look at Mark, then at Sydney, and then at Niall.

"I'm sorry. You and Sydney know each other?!" I question. They both nod their heads.

"Whitney! I've missed you so much little sis!" Mark rushes over and hugs me. I stand still. Is this a dream? Am I hallucinating?

"Mark. I thought you were dead. You and Sydney are dead. Well you're supposed to be. What the hell did I miss?! Why are you here? How did you survive? Were you really ever dead?" I started firing off questions, more confused then ever.

Mark and Sydney laugh and Mark drags Niall and I to the couch. I sit down and cling to Niall. This is scary and freaky as hell.

I look at Niall to see him staring at Sydney. I smack him and give him a look to explain. 'Later' he mouths. Well then.

"To answer your questions: You didn't miss anything. We never really died. We were just good at hiding and posing as dead. So we survived by hiding and posing. Aha." He stops talking. Uh uh. He missed a question.

"Why are you here?" I question him again. Mark looks at Sydney, for help I guess. Sydney sighs and looks at me. Yep I still hate her. Oh but now that she's alive I don't feel so bad for hating her.

"We came here to protect you. As you know, the mob is out to kill off this family and basically anyone they talk to on a day to day basis. People that will miss them, or noticed them being gone. The mob hasn't found out yet that Mark and I are still alive but through, um, through stuff.. We've been able to keep up with the mob and when they are attacking, and whatnot." She took a deep breath before continuing.

"We know that the mob is watching you. That's how we knew you were still alive. We had heard about the encounter with them months ago but we never heard back if you were alive or not. When we found out you were still alive, we came back home to protect you." Sydney finished off.

The whole time she was looking at Niall.

"Okay. WHAT is going on between you two?" I look at Niall accusingly.

"Niall. How are you?" Sydney asks, casually. Niall smiles. A true genuine smile. My boyfr- frien- date, person likes my enemy. Fudge.

"I'm doing well. The lads and I have hit it off, traveling all over the world." Sydney nods.

"I know! I saw your face on posters and what not in America. It was a crazy sight." Sydney laughs. I look at Mark and see he's just as clueless as I am.

"Guys? Explain. Now." I hit Niall lightly. He looks at me and nods.

"Sydney and I know each other because she dated Greg, my brother. She used to come down to my house in Mullingar. Mum adored you. She was so devastated when she found out you, um, 'passed' away." Niall explained. Sydney nodded.

Wait. I'm sorry. Greg dated SYDNEY? Oh. My. God. She dated him right before I left for America. Damn it's a small world. Oh and his Mum loves Sydney. Great. Does everyone love my enemy? I feel so bitter. Bleh.

I sighed, gave Niall a kiss and stood up.

"I've had enough today. I'm going to bed. Goodnight. Thank you for the lovely night Niall." With that I walked upstairs and crawled into bed, still in my clothes. Date turned bitter. Great.

A/N:: So it's short but I wanted to put this up. I'll have another chapter and then the Louney date.

YOU CAN STILL ENTER THE CONTEST TO WRITE THE LOUNEY DATE SCENE! DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 23.

Comment if you didn't see Mark and Sydney coming, and what you want to see happen next!

Vote for if you just liked the chapter! :)

Much love!!xx -Amanda