Chapter Five- High School Graduation

Chapter Five

Whitney's POV

*Five Months Later, So It's December 2012*

I walked into the double doors of my school gymnasium, with my cap and gown on. I breathed in a sigh of relief. When I had transferred over, the school said I had more than enough credits, so I could graduate in 5 months with the Senior class. Boy was I happy. Why? Cause before the offices told me that, my parents told me I could move back to London and stay in our old house. So basically in less than two months, I'll be back in London.

I guess you are wondering about James. Nothing big, just we are going out. JUST KIDDING! Sorry if I got your hopes up. I found my seat in the auditorium, with the rest of the seniors. I waved hi to the few I knew and relaxed. James and I have talked some here and there but with me doing homework, non stop to try and graduate, and with him working all the time, the here and there thing was more seldom than never. I always messaged him 'Hi' when I woke up but I rarely ever got a response until at least midnight his time.

That assistant job better pay well cause he is ALWAYS on the clock. Just so you know, I still don't know if that's his real name. His friend Louis almost made it slip by saying he was in a band, but James said that Louis meant that he was in a band room. Kind of fishy but I bought it. I mean what can I do? The lights in the gym dimmer and I realize the cermony was about to start. I sit up straight, excited to have that diploma in my hand. I'll be the first person in my family, other than my parents, to have finished high school. Yeah, Mark was a high school dropout. Anyone who didn't see that coming, raise your hand. I stifled a lap and my teacher had just happened to raise her hand at that exact moment. Oh priceless.

I watch people stand up and walk across the stage, shaking hands with the principal and then taking their diploma, and switching the sides of the tassle on their hat. My line stood up and we walked towards the stage. Damn I was sweating under these damn stage lights but I didn't care. I'd taken theatre and choir while in school and I fell in love with being on stage. Something about it, made me feel like a whole new person. I loved it.

"Whitney Foster." I hear a voice call my name. I smile as a spotlight shines on me, and I walk gracefully over to my principal, shaking his hand and grabbing my diploma. I change over my tassle, smile and walk off the stage. 15 minutes later and everyone that was graduating had their diploma. "I am pleased to say, this is the Class of 2012!" the principal says, his voice booming throughout the gym. I stand up, with everyone else, and I, unlike the others, pretend to throw my cap into the air.

My parents were apparently too busy to come to my high school graduation so I left the gym, not really saying goodbye to anyone cause I didn't make any friends while I was here. It was pointless, knowing I was going to go back home soon. Plus I felt like I couldn't trust anyone after the whole 'Sydney and Blake' fiasco. Speaking of which, Sydney had THE NERVE to come and fly to California. I thought that MAYBE JUST MAYBE it was because she wanted to apologize. NO. That was FAR from it. Two reasons she came: To get in touch with her future sister in law and to show me her wedding ring. Wondering who that sister in law might be? Raise your hand if you think it's me? If you raised your hand, you are correct.

Mark had stayed out in London because he had gotten a job at Syco Company. How? I don't know. But I'm pretty sure that once Sydney found out, she was at his doorstep proclaiming her 'love' for him. Apparently the whole thing with Brad had ended when they got the text message from me. Who cares? I pull into the driveway and park the car. I grin at the thought of maybe finding Cindy when I get home. I close the door and take no notice of the fact all the lights were off. I put my key in the door, turning it and walking in. I close the door, flick on the lights and about die from a freaking heart attack. "SURPRISE!!!" I hear at least 20 people yell and I scream bloody murder.