Chapter 1

9 years later.

I woke up to a loud annoying buzzing from my alarm clock. I reluctantly got up from my uncomfortable futon. I went straight to the bathroom and started my morning routine. I brushed my teeth, took my shower, did my hair, and put my make up on. I heard my phone buzz. It was my boyfriend Robert telling me he was waiting. I walked out my room pass my mother on the couch, passed out. I shook my head and continued to the  

"Hey sweetie." Robert said as I opened the door. 

 "Hey." I smiled. I reached up and gave him a kiss.

We walked to his car. Robert was a senior and also was 18. He had his own car, a mustang. He got it from his dad. Robert was sexy and he was everything you could want in a man. He was really tall 6'1. He had dark brown chocolate eyes. He had a six pack and his skin tone was milk chocolate. He was someone you could joke with. He had a great sense of humor and is always making jokes good and bad. He is also someone who you don't wanna make mad. I definitely know not to make him mad because he will get physical. I still loved him.

Me on the on the other hand was average height 5'6 and had soft, smooth long brownish black hair. I recently cut my hair so now it's just past my shoulders. I have green eyes which is really weird because my mom has black eyes but then I didn't know my father. I asked my mom about him and one day he is white but the next day he is Porturican. So I'm not sure and apparently neither is my mother. I did know that his skin tone had to have been light because my skin light but not really white and my mom is black like really black. But I take care of my skin so it's really smooth.

               Robert opened the car door for me and I got in. I watched him as he walked around to the driver's seat. He got in and started the car. He looked at me.

"Trina, I got to talk to you about something.

"Huh Robert." I whined.

"Kara, I'm serious."

"Ok what do you want to talk about?"

"Ok now you know that I love you right?" he seemed to be waiting for an answer.

 "Yea."

"Well if you hear something about me cheating on you it's not true ok." He said quickly.

My eyes widened.

 "You cheated on me??"

"No! I didn't! I swear to God I didn't."

               "So what are you talking about?"

               "Ok you know my ex-girlfriend Keke right?"

               "Mhm."

               "Well-"

               "Hold on I got a text."

I opened my phone to see I had a text from an unknown number. I open the text to see a picture of Robert and this other girl kissing.

My eyes got wide and my mouth opened.

               "Robert!" I shoved the phone into his face, fuming

               "Ok Trina it's not what you're thinking." I was ready to punch him in his face.

               "Oh really, then what is it Robert! Because from what I can see, your cheating on me!"

I flung the car door opened and got out and started speed walking down to the bus stop. Robert followed me.

               "Trina! Wait!" he ran to block my path.