Chapter Twelve

It wasn't much of a shock to Mia when she saw Catherine leaning against Xander the very moment they stepped in to the house. Mia ignored the smirk that Catherine threw her way and proceeded to her room while Leah and Nick joined them. It would probably be the epitome of humiliation if she sat there being the fifth wheel.

She dropped the bags on her bed and locked the door. She was having a hard time convincing herself that her rotten mood was because of the weather outside but as much as she hated to admit, her mood had been rotten ever since Xander had arrived. All she wanted now, was for him to leave so that everything went back to like it was before. So that Nick stopped being cranky whenever he saw her with Xander, Leah stopped being tensed and Catherine stopped getting on her nerves.

And if Xander didn't leave soon, she'd probably have to leave for a much needed breath of fresh air. Things were beginning to get frustrating and her head hurt like she carried ten bricks on it.

Mia decided to have her dinner brought to her room, the more she could ignore Xander the better. However her wish to be alone was smashed when Leah entered her room with food followed by Catherine. Mia simply wanted to scream.

"You should have stayed downstairs, we missed you" Leah muttered, handing over the plate of to Mia.

Mia let out a deep breath. "I was tired" She said, keeping her tone as irritation free as possible.

"And she'd have gotten bored in between the couples" Catherine interjected with a smile that could fool none.

"You spoke my mind Cath" Mia muttered. "I might get a diabetic attack if I spend time with two couples together." She added before taking a spoonful of spaghetti in her mouth.

Catherine looked taken aback. "Diabetes?" She asked.

"Yes!" Mia exclaimed "I mean you guys are so sweet together. I was just telling Leah last night that you and Xander are like otp couples. Absolutely made for each other. Wasn't I Leah?"

Leah nodded her head excitedly when Catherine turned to her, but scowled at Mia once Catherine turned away.

"Oh" Catherine said, trying hard to smile. "Thank you" She added, trying to conceal her stammering.

"Never mention" Mia said, shoving another spoonful of spaghetti in her mouth. "Ever again" She muttered under her breath.

"Did you say anything?" Catherine asked, her scowl deepening as she examined Mia's expression carefully.

"Oh just telling how tasty the spaghetti is" Mia said. "But the sauce looks scary, all red and stuff, like it has blood on it" She added to the utter annoyance of Catherine whose face was now the epitome of annoyance.

Mia turned her gaze to look at Leah who had a flabbergasted expression on her face, but she recovered from it as soon as she sensed Mia's gaze on her.

"Uh, I'd go see what Xander is doing" Catherine stammered out before walking out of the door as fast as she could.

Mia let out a huff and turned to Leah. "Sorry babe but I seriously have zero tolerance at the moment"

"I forgot to tell Nick something, I'd be back in a sec"

Before Mia could say anything, Leah was out of her room. She sighed, shoving the plate of food aside. She picked up her phone, debating on whether to call Lucas or not since she felt devastatingly lonely and all she wanted to do was rant against everything, probably even cry. A minute and half later she decided to spare Lucas from her torture. She herself didn't knew what she was going to speak to anyone about, she couldn't tell him about her accident, she couldn't tell him about Xavier, she couldn't tell him why Catherine irked her so much. She could share nothing to anyone but herself.