Chapter Twenty One

"Mia! Hello? Are you listening?"

This was the second time Lucas had called Mia but when Mia jerked up and looked around fanatically he felt bad for screaming at her. "Are you alright?" He asked as Mia opened the door to the passenger seat for him.

"Just a little bit dazed" Mia answered truthfully. "How was your flight?" She asked.

Lucas shook his head. Not wanting to remember. "Not so good. The weather's turning pretty nasty as we speak."

Mia looked up from her wind shield and noticed that the Sun was now over shadowed by huge thunder clouds. The brightness of the morning has subdued considerably giving it an appearance of dusk. It had even started to drizzle but not enough to turn wiper on. "Well we better hurry up before the storm hits us on our face"

"Absolutely" Lucas agreed. It was after a minute that Mia had pulled the car out of the parking lot, he spoke. "So when am I going to meet this Xavier kid?"

Mia looked at Xavier, her eyebrows raised for a fraction of seconds before turning her attention on the road. "He's not a kid you idiot. He is older than us."

"Right." Lucas rolled his eyes, unnoticed by Mia. "How do you even know that?"

"You said you wont judge me when I said I know him for a few weeks. I mean look at Leah and Nick. They started dating a week after they met."

"You're forgetting that Leah goes to our school. We pretty much could dig up information on her if we wanted to but this Xavier guy- Do you even know his surname?"

Mia swerved left to avoid a truck honking tirelessly behind them. "Well he's Mrs Goodwill's grandson, calling on the fact that she told me she never had a girl will mean that Xavier's surname is Goodwill"

"You mean he hasn't told you his surname?"

Mia wanted to groan. She didn't think she would regret telling Lucas about anything because he was much more laid back than Nick. "Stop behaving like Nick. There's nothing serious between us yet. We haven't even gone out on a proper date. I'll think about not knowing his background when things get more serious. Jeez. You're talking like I'm about to marry that guy in a week"

"Well okay. I guess I overreacted." Lucas concluded. "I mean this could probably be your first relationship"

"I know that"

"It hurts the worst you know"

Mia chose not to reply. She sure was butt-hurt when Xavier didn't contact her but it was her ego that was hurt, not her heart. It was fine as long as her heart was safe.

"How was your vacation?" She asked changing the topic.

Lucas pressed his head against the seat and smiled a pleased smile. "Oh you know-" He began.

Mia drove as per usual, not as slow as she had driven when she arrived at the airport. Lucas' stories kept her fear diverted. However, a breath of relief escaped her lips when she pulled inside the Wilson's garage.

The rain had picked up, making Silver Lake look gloomier than usual. Although Mia hardly paid attention to it. Her mind had already put that little incident at Airport in the back of her head. She walked out of the car, wondering what she would she when she walked inside. The first thing would probably be Catherine wrapped against Xander like a boa constrictor.

"Wait for me" Lucas yelled as Mia was about to open the door that led them back in to the house.

Lucas jogged up to her and stopped her before she could step back in the house again. Mia scrunched up her eyebrows and looked at him confused.