Epilogue

Moonlight spilt onto Luna's back as she silently climbed the Observatory's spiral stairs alone in the hushed night, a hand holding onto the railing walls while the other hiked up her dress. Her guards did offer her escort but she simply said it wasn't necessary, having other things in mind instead.

As she reached the very top, the Princess gazed out at the flowing Aurora, gently shining upon her face with their colours, ever vibrant against the cloudless night sky, despite having shone for a few days now.

She sighed, placing a hand on her cheek as she leaned against the railing and admired the view.

Calm footsteps came behind her and she turned to glance at the person responsible.

She smiled. " You're here."

Sombra cocked an eyebrow, returning a small smile of his own. " Why did you ask me to come here?"

He was in a royal night guard armour, navy blue with silver lining the Night Princess's crest on his chest. He held his helmet in his hands, revealing raven hair that no longer flowed like before, instead becoming smooth locks of hair. However, nothing else had changed. His eyes remained as scarlet as ever and his fangs as sharp as he flashed them in his smile at the sight of Luna.

She turned back to watch the sky as he joined beside her. " I simply want my guard by my side." She said with a lighthearted tone.

Her eyes shone with the sky's colours. " Have you seen the Auroras before?"

He shook his head, eyes reflecting with colour as well. " I have not, it is my first time."

" It is my first as well in a long time," She replied, turning back to him. " How are you and the rest adjusting?"

He leaned forward, resting his weight onto the railing as he gazed at his helmet." Hope is helping the Umbrums and I with adapting to the new environment and time, though our appearance does raise wariness for those who set sight on them. The training with the night guard was fruitful though they were a little scared of my presence. Nonetheless, I do think Equestria has been most welcoming to us in the few days we've been here."

She nodded. " They are not a species Equestria has encountered for a while." She met his eyes, softly smiling. "Nor former Kings."

He chuckled at her quip, moving closer to her. " And for your side?"

" Everyone has returned home safely," Luna replied. " They are wary of you and the others, my sister especially. But I am sure time will change their perspective someday, especially when we find the rest of Amore."

He tilted his head, as if reminded of something. " What did happened back in the prisons? My memory only recalls Amore's figure coming out from the Heart, you raising a shield and it ends."

Luna stiffened, blush tinting her face as she recalled what had happened.

She glanced away, her thumb nervously rubbing her hand. " Well, a bit of the Heart got to you and you collapsed. Before that, you said my shield won't hold because the Heart was too powered by the others' act of love. You were right, my shield began to weaken so I had to do something else to save you."

Her eyes lifted to see him, expecting a reaction. His face was furrowed, not understanding. " What did you do instead?"

She gazed at him, not knowing what to say.

But she knew what she could do.

Her blush grew redder as she came nearer to him, slowly grasping his face. " Something..." She begun, closing her eyes as she brought his face closer, touching his lips with hers.