Chapter 4

Luna gritted her teeth."And what price do you speak of?"

The King grinned."An alliance between our two kingdoms. "

Luna paled, hoping what he said wasn't what she thought of. "Alliance? As in..."

"A union, Princess."

Luna's eyes widened in horror.

Her?

Marry him?

She didn't know how to react.

Her mind was racing so fast she did not even know how to.

" N-NEVER!"She blurted out, pushing him away too quickly as she fell onto the rough, cold snow.

She glared hotly back nonetheless, yelling again."I'LL NEVER MARRY YOU!"

Sombra smiled wickedly back at her." Is that so? Well, I'll have to persuade you then." His eyes brewed purple smoke, hand curled into a fist that burned with his dark magic.

Suddenly, Celestia began to gasp violently, clawing at her neck that was covered in a dark aura.

Luna shot her eyes to her sister and immediately realised what was going on.

He was killing her.

She summoned her magic to her hand, only to receive a searing shock up her spine that made her fall to the snow and nothing coming to her hands. His crystals did not budge no matter how hard she tried to summon her magic, no matter how deep she dug her nails into her palm as a desperate attempt and no matter how painful each punishing shock came to her.

She looked up to see Celestia's clawing had slowed down, about to give in.

Tears clouded her teal eyes, realising she had lost and there was no time.

"S-stop! She didn't do anything!" Luna begged, throat throbbing with fear.

The King crouched down, his eyes boring into Luna's as he gently held her cheek, bringing her closer.

"Then say yes." He whispered, tightening his hold on the Sun Princess.

She looked at him, tears forming in her soft teal eyes.

Her lips trembled.''I-I-''

"No..."

Luna's ears pricked at Celestia's faint whisper and she gazed up to see her.

The Sun Princess breathed shakily. "D..don't-"

Sombra's magic choked Celestia more, silencing her sister's pleas.

Celestia quivered and Luna could see Celestia looking down at her, magenta eyes begging her to say no.

"Time is running out, Princess," Sombra said, his gloved thumb grazing her cheek, gaze never leaving her.

Thoughts and emotions ran through her like a bullet.

She had to decide now.

She shut her eyes, unable to deal with the scene before her but her mouth opened with the answer that sealed her fate.

"Yes!" Luna screamed before she could stop herself.

Her eyes widened, hand flying to her mouth as she realised what she had done.

But it was too late.

Luna watched as Sombra stood and released Celestia from his grasp and Celestia fell to the cold snow, gasping violently for air.

"Celestia!"

She scrambled to her, holding Celestia in her arms as Sombra calmly walked away to retrieve his soldiers, leaving the two sisters alone.

"T...Tia?" Luna asked quietly, carefully brushing aside locks away from Celestia's face.

She winced, seeing dark crystals forming on Celestia's arms as well.

"Luna..." Celestia whimpered, her voice barely above a whisper as she clasped her younger sister's hand. "Don't do this, Luna."

Luna met her Sister's solemn eyes.

"I have to, Tia," Luna said, stroking her sister's hair softly. " It's how I can protect you."

She lifted her gaze to see her Equestrian army falling into the same spell as the King's soldiers, cursed to serve him like the Crystal people.

She clenched her dress with another hand.

"It's how I can protect all of us."