Chapter 13

Light blinded Luna as she entered the shard.

A sharp, ringing pain throbbed in her head as she recovered from the attack.

Straining to focus, Luna found herself back in the palace, but now much brighter and livelier with servants and guards with shining crystal skin rushing about.

One servant walked through Luna as if she were air.

Luna didn't flinch, for she was in a reflection after all.

All she could do was observe.

"...Thank you for your invitation, Amore. I am certain our kingdom's ties will be better than ever now with our mutual cooperation.''

Luna held in a yelp as she turned her head to see a Umbrum in full form chatting with her.

She's not talking to me, she's talking to-

Princess Amore smiled and nodded. '' As do I, Lider. The Crystal Empire will always be open for stronger Umbrum-Crystal ties.''

Luna's heart stopped at her voice.

It's been so long

Luna shook her head.

Focus.

She pulled her attention towards the Umbrum.

Lider. Was that her name? Was she the leader of the Umbrums?

Well however this Lider was, she must have been somebody important.

As Luna pondered, another person walked through her.

Another Umbrum,in his true form too, silently trailing behind Lider.

He seemed to hate it as he scowled at anybody who went near him. But it was not like anyone did anyway, the Crystal people walked as close to the walls as possible when near the Umbrums.

Lider suddenly stopped as she rubbed her forehead.

''Princess, if I may trouble you but could you place your necklace somewhere else?''Lider asked. '' Your people seem to be very uncomfortable in my current form and it's making me uncomfortable too so I'd like to change into something more tasteful but your necklace...a strange thing...it seems to have a property that prevents me from doing so and it seems to be hurting me too. What is it made of?'

Luna turned her attention to Amore's necklace. She hadn't notice Amore was wearing some smaller version of the Crystal Heart as indicated by the necklace crystal's familiar hue and aura.

''Oh I apologise for their behavior, Honorable Lider.'' Amore said. ''They are simply not used to.....others as the North is quite isolated after all. As for the necklace...''

Amore seemed to hesitate but continued. ''It's...an experiment of mine. I'm testing it myself. To absorb light and warmth since the Empire is surrounded by harsh elements. I wanted to make an alternate and more efficient form of protection for the Empire from the cold other than having countless unicorns using their magic to keep up a barrier. I'm not sure why it hurts you though, I thought only the purest form of light magic does?''

''Indeed, perhaps your crystal absorbs more than just sunlight, maybe even hope?" Lider suggested. "A more emotional form of light?''

''Hmm, an interesting theory. I shall need further testing on that but for now,''

Amore used her magic and removed the necklace, passing it to a nearby servant.

''Place it in my chambers, Amber and please, far away from the princess.''Amore told the girl.