Chapter 8

"WE'RE GOING TO DO WHAT NOW!!"

Luna hushed Pinkie by covering Pinkie's mouth with her hand.

"Luna, this seems a little risky. Breaking into the mines and just hoping to find Celestia and everyone else? I'm not sure." Fluttershy said, helping to calm Pinkie down.

"I know you have your reservations but we must find Twilight and the others if we want to even have a chance of winning." Luna said

Pinkie and Fluttershy glanced at each other warily.

"But if we get caught who even knows what he's going to do to us and them!" Pinkie cried.

"I implore both of you to think this through." Luna pleaded. "Sombra is going to imprison more Equestrians! If we don't do anything now-"

" He has an entire Empire on his side! By now maybe some parts of Equestria!" Pinkie exclaimed. "He isn't just laying around doing nothing in the castle you know!"

I beg to differ. Luna thought as she remembered her recent encounters with the King.

" Well, we can't lay around and do nothing here." She resisted, heat rising. "Equestria needs the Element bearers. We must find your friends and get rid of this false king!"

" And as your friend, it's our job to protect you!" Pinkie said, bearing down on her. "Equestria needs the princesses too! We're not going to let you put yourself in reckless danger, Luna!"

Silence fell across the room.

"Luna, we know you want to free Princess Celestia and we also want to free our friends just as badly. But rushing in without a proper plan is a terrible idea." Fluttershy said finally.

Pinkie nodded to agree.

Luna's head was hammering. Celestia imprisoned..Elements of Harmony missing...And Tartarus, the wedding...

Finally, she broke down.

"What do I do then?" She asked shakily, tears welling.

Fluttershy and Pinkie immediately moved next to the princess of the night who cried silently into their shoulders.

Gently, Fluttershy placed her hand on Luna's back. "We don't know either, Luna but we're willing to stay with you through this. We will get through this."

"Yeah! And if we don't win, we're going to make sure your wedding reception is going to be super-duper fun!" Pinkie assured.

Luna listened to them and slowly, something became clearer in her head.

The wedding.

Wouldn't she be crowned Queen once she married Sombra? Or at least be in a position of power? The enchanted guards still greet her as Princess after all.

Sombra will be away most of the time while she remained trapped at the Empire.

Everyone one else is enslaved.

Except her.

Someone will have to take care of the Empire.

Without him.

Luna's heart pumped faster in clarity.

"Of course"Luna breathed. " The wedding."

"Yay, the wedding! Wait, why are we talking about the wedding?" Pinkie said.

Luna pulled herself away from their shoulders and straightened herself. " I have to see the King."

"Tell the King I'd like an audience with him," Luna said as she stood.