Chapter 12

"How do you know all this?" Hope asked as she and Luna climbed back up.

"Starswirl used to teach Celestia and I the spell for history lessons when we were children."Luna replied.

A smile appeared on her face."And to check where we were whenever we tried to skip lessons."

Hope and Luna shared a laugh and their melody reverberated through the stairwell.

"Do you think it'll be enough?"Hope asked,

Luna's smile vanished,her tone serious."It has to be."

A pause.

''For everyone's sake.''

Hope looked at Luna thoughtfully for a moment before turning away.

They continued their ascent in the dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The doors to the Crystal Archives opened and Hope, and Luna entered.

"Luna! Lady Hope!" Pinkie gasped,before rushing into Luna and Hope, knocking them down as she embraced them tightly.

"Pinkie Pi-"Luna wheezed.

"Oh right,right!"Pinkie said,letting them go."So how did it go? Is Sombra some goofy lunatic, see what I did there? Or is he really that depressing?"

Fluttershy came behind Pinkie and smiled." Mm hmm! What did they say?"

Luna's face clouded."No, not exactly.They...they wanted nothing to do with us but their leader, Rabia, did confirm the story."

Fluttershy and Pinkie were taken aback.

An uncomfortable silence fell as Luna waited for their response.

"Then..we just let him do what he's doing?"Fluttershy started,shakily."And we also deserve this?"

"No,"Luna said sharply."Hope and I, or just me really, I don't believe Princess Amore did this to them for no apparent reason then fear alone."

Fluttershy and Pinkie glanced at each other warily.

Pinkie began to sway her arms as she started to treaded lightly."Are you sure...not too be rude Luna...But are you just unable to believe that Princess Amore could just be teensy weesy really be a...murderer?"

Luna breathed."No, I assure you it is not that.It's just...We were so close, closer than fellow princesses. She was like a sister to me. I had Celestia too but she was young too like me. Amore was the guiding figure in both of lives and to think she....to think she..."

Her heart caught in her throat.

She shook her head, sighing."I guess you could be right that I simply can't accept it but there's something in me that tells me it's much more than that, I feel it."

Fluttershy smiled sympathetically."I think we can all understand what you're going through, Luna. We're here for you."

Luna flushed in embarrasment."Thank you."

She quickly shook it off. "But I know how to confirm this once and for all.There's a spell, it lets you see someone's past as long as you have something personal to them."

Luna stood a little straighter."We're going to see Princess Amore's past."

All eyes darted straight to Luna at once.

"How?" Pinkie exclaimed."Sombra's probably destroyed everything she owns. What else can there be?"

"The one thing he can't bear to lay a hand on."Hope said."The Crystal Heart."