Chapter 7

I woke up to an empty bed and the smell of bacon in the air. As I sat up I glanced at the clock 11:17.
I was so glad it was the weekend and I didn't have to work. After everything that happened last night it took me forever to fall asleep.
I headed towards the kitchen and I could hear Jade singing
" real loveeeee I'm searching for a real love! Someone to set my heart free real...."
" you obviously recovered nicely " I said as jade stopped in mid dance
" yeah I feel a lot better just hungry as hell, so I decided to make us some breakfast"
" Awww well aren't you sweet " I said smiling as I wrapped my arms around her waist and softly placed kisses on her neck. My hands roamed around her body as they so often did , I loved touching Jade and it didn't even have to be sexual she had just the right amount of muscle, but yet she still had this softness to her and I could never seem to keep my hands off her.
" baby cut it out" she said playfully while removing my hands off her hips
I took a step back and looked at her puzzled by what she had just done. Maybe I was reading too much into it but Jade loved for me to touch her like I was just doing, it usually would lead to us play fighting and then sex, which we hadn't had in days which was weird for us.
" go and sit breakfast it almost ready" she said after smacking my butt
Now I was confused as shit! She didn't want me to touch her but she wanted touch me ? Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jades phone had been moved and I felt my stomach start to knot up. Had she read her text ? Did she respond ? Maybe she didn't want me to touch her because she wanted Michele, maybe she was already fucking her, maybe she....
" hellooooooo anyone in there " I had been so distracted by my thoughts I didn't notice Jade bringing over the food.
" what's up with you " she said giving me a strange look
" nothing I'm good.... or I will be once your fat ass passes me the bacon" I laughed trying to keep the mood light.
" my fat ass? Who has four pancakes on their plate huh" she joked
" shut up ! " I said grabbing the bacon " so after lunch or breakfast or whatever this is I was thinking we could hang out with Nina"
Jade looked up from her plate " Awww baby I can't I got some errands to run" she said while devouring her food.
Errands ? That's weird Jade and I had this unspoken agreement that weekends were our time together we would let everything else go and make time for us.
Maybe I was just being overly sensitive for no reason she probably just had work stuff to do.
" oh aiight cool I'll just go by myself" I murmured.
"Awww don't be like baby I'll be back later tonight and we can just go then" she said getting up and washing her plate. " I'm gonna go hop in the shower and then Ima head out" she said as she walked towards the stairs
" you want some company in there" I spoke suggestively
She walked over and kissed me on the cheek " not right now baby...tonight" and with that she run up the stairs
What in the fuck....now I knew something was up I had just gotten rejected not once but twice! What was up with that? I heard the shower running, and realized now was my time to find out what was up. I headed to the table were jades phone was and picked it up. I can't believe I was about to do this....I was never that girlfriend...the one that would stoop to this level, but I had to know if she was going to meet Michele. I unlocked the phone and there is was
the last text sent at 10:59 this morning

- thank you for not hanging up on me...I really appreciate this....see you soon

"Awww hell na!" I cussed
I went to Jades call log and sure enough there was a Michele's name. She called at 10:15 and they had a 17 min conversation !?!?!?
I put jades phone down because I was tempted to break it. My heart was pounding so loud out of my chest it felt like it was going to explode.
Calm down just calm down I said to myself. I tried to take some deep slow breaths, but all I wanted to do was to go and confront Jade! Fuck I couldn't do that then she would know I was snooping, but if she cheat on my with her fucking ex I could snoop all I wanted!
The shower was no longer running now was the time to confront Jade.....or maybe I wouldn't maybe I'd catch her in the act and see what she had to say then. If I caught her with Michele there was no way she could talk her way out of that. With my mind set I hurried up stairs to change my clothes so I could follow Jade