Darkness Returns to Middle-Earth

Hello young ones, my name is Rhiannon Sunburst Fairy Princess of the Enchanted Forest Realm. Which is connected to the enchanted lake where my best friend Princess Atlanta lives. It is close to our coronations. But unlike Atlanta I have no fiance, as I have not found my one.

We protect the magical creatures here. The immortal like unicorns and nymphs. Along with mortals like hippogriffs and pixies. We are all equals here.

I was born in 2850 and Atlanta was born in 2870. We are immortal. I have hair as dark as night, skin as white as snow and lips as red as roses. My eyes a bright hazel colour.

Atlanta also has really dark hair, skin as white as snow and has lips as pink as cherry blossoms. Royal blue tail with matching top. On important occasions she wears a crown made of shells and pearls.

Her fiance is Percival son of Zorro. He is the opposite of Atlanta with his blonde hair and dark eyes. A dark green tail. He was born in 2860 and was my best friends before Atlanta was born. Now they both are my best friends and are getting married in a year.

(TA 3018) Rhiannon's POV

Anyway I am currently humming a tune helping the tress bloom. My parents are back at the castle helping organize Atlanta's wedding. As they practically raised her after her parents died at a young age. Just then Lilo nudges me, breaking my concentration.

 Just then Lilo nudges me, breaking my concentration

I look up at my unicorn, who is my companion. "What?" I ask her and she neighs pointing to her back. "You want to go for a ride" I say and she nods her head. "Fine, but then we have to return. Before my parents worry" I tell her. I stand and mount her gripping her mane lightly.

She takes off like the wind through the forest. We were both enjoying the ride. When I freeze having a flash of a fire eye. I gasp and fall off Lilo. She nickers and nudges me as I blink back into reality. "Wait here" I tell her and fly above the tries. I look to the east and notice a darkness growing. "Oh no, we have to get home now" I state as I land on her back and she runs there at top speed.

"Mother, Father!" I shout as I fly into the throne room.

"No flying in the palace" mum states.

"This is an emergency" I tell her as I land.

"We felt it to" dad assures me. "The ring has returned" he states.

"You mean the one ring?" I ask and he nods his head. "I thought Isildur destroyed it" I say confused.

"No, he kept it and it lead to his death. The ring was lost for many years until a water man known as Smeagol found it. It corrupted him and he turns into Gollum. Then sixty years ago a hobbit known as Bilbo Baggins found it in Gollum's cave. He took it and has kept it ever since. But now he has passed it on to his nephew. Who is on his way to Rivendell as we speak" he explains.

"You knew all of this?" I ask them.

"The seer has kept an eye on it for us" mum states.

"So what happens now with the darkness returning?" I ask them.

"It looks like once again one of our own will have to go help destroy the ring" he states.

"I'll go" I tell him.

"You have never left this realm" he tells me.

"It's dangerous" mum adds.

"I'm our strongest fairy warrior after you father. The kingdom needs you here to lead, so I will go in your place to Rivendell. And join the quest to destroy the ring" I state.

"Are you sure? You may not return" mum tells me. "The seer sees two outcomes of this quest" she states.

"I know the risks and I will do what is needed to protect our people. I can do this" I tell dad.

"Take Lilo with you" he tells me.

"But, you said the creatures were never allowed to leave this realm" I remind him.

"I know, but I'll feel safer knowing she is with you" he states.

"If you see the Ents, tell them the wives are safe and will return once the ring is destroyed" mum adds.

"I will" I assure her. "I should go prepare" I state. I go to my room and start to shrink and packs things I'll need. Before polishing and sharpening my sword. When my best friends enter. "By all means come on in" I say as I place my sword down.

"How can you leave?" Atlanta demands.

"Baby, calm down" Percival tells her.

"I know your wedding is a year away and I don't know how long this quest will take" I say.

"You could die on this quest!" Atlanta shouts.

"Atlanta breath, I am the eldest here. You both can't change my mind, I'm doing this for your future. I'll be careful and try to be back in time for the wedding" I assure them.

"Promise?" Atlanta asks.

"Promise, you know I don't leave until tomorrow. How about a swim?" I suggests. They agree. We go to the lake and I pick a flower. I eat one of the petals and dive into the water. They follow and their tails emerge.

"Race you to the coral reef" Percival says and takes off. Atlanta and I follow. "I win" he says smiling when we arrive.

"No far, you always win" Atlanta pouts.

"At least he doesn't always lose" I grumble.

"We all know you're a slow poke under water" Percival teases. We all sit down on the soft sandy floor. "Just like when we were kids" he says.

"Feels like forever ago" Atlanta says.

"We are over a hundred years old" I remind them.

"You're an old lady" Atlanta teases.

"Yeah, well your dating an old man" I tease back.

"Hey, remember your the oldest" he retorts.

"Ouch" I say and shove him playfully.  "You take care of each other while I'm gone. But right now I want to hear you play" I tell Atlanta. She smiles making her harp appear. She plays it and sings softly. Soon a group of creatures appear dancing around us happily as the voice of their princess. She soon finishes and we relax.

I soon return to my home for dinner. I have dinner with my parents before going to finish packing. Then turn in early for a good night sleep.

A/N

Picture above of Mermaid Princess Atlanta and gif on the external link of Sauron's eye. Picture in chapter of Lilo.