Final Battle

Rhiannon's POV

"Are you sure you should be part of this battle?" Legolas asked me as we got ready.

"It's the most important one" I remind him.

"But the stone it's" he starts to say.

"I know, but I can't live in fear of falling Legolas. We have a battle to fight, a war to win" I tell him. "I'll be ok" I assure him.

"Rhiannon, there's something I have to tell you" he tells me. Looking into my eyes. "I l..." he starts to say.

"There you two are!" Gimli exclaims as he enters the room. "Everyone else is ready. We're waiting on you both" he states. "Did I interrupt something?" he asks.

"No Gimli" I assure him. I kiss Legolas' cheek. "Whatever it is, tell me later" I tell him. Before leaving the room. I mount Lilo as Legolas and Gimli appear. They mount their horse and we all head off with the others for Mordor.

(Time skip)

We arrived at the Black Gates. Which opened to reveal the mouth of Sauron. The fellowship rode forward to address it. "We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed. Tell your master this: The armies of Mordor must disband. He is to depart these lands, never to return" Gandalf tells it.

"Old Greybeard. I have a token I was bidden to show thee" the mouth says. He holds up Frodo's Mithril shirt.

"Frodo" Pippin says.

"Hush" I tell him.

"No!" Merry says.

"Silence" Gandalf tells them.

"The halfling was dear to thee, I see. Know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host. Who would've thought one so small could endure so much pain? And he did, Gandalf. He did" the mouth explains.

As the mouth laughs wickedly, Aragorn rides casually around to his side. "And who is this? Isildur's heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken Elvish blade" the mouth says. With a quick, hard, slice, Aragorn cuts the Mouth of Sauron's head with his sword.

"I guess that concludes negotiations" Gimli mutters.

"I do not believe it. I will not" Aragorn states.

"Nor will I" I agree. The Black Gate again creaks and sways open, revealing an army of marching orcs. We rejoin the army and face the enemy.

"Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.  An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" Aragorn says loudly.

The soldiers draw their swords. I fly off of Lilo. "Run" I tell her ans she neighs loudly. Galloping away. I draw my sword with one hand and make a power sphere with the other. As the orc masses begin to encircle us.

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf" I hear Gimli mutter.

"What about side by side with a friend?" Legolas asks with a smile. Gimli looks up at him thoughtful. Before smiling.

"Aye, I could do that" Gimli states nodding his head. Aragorn looks back at all of us as he grips his sword tightly in his hands.

"For Frodo" he states and charges towards the enemy. Merry and Pippin run in after him, the rest of the army soon following. I throw a power sphere and it engulfs a dozen orcs in flames. As the battle begins.

As I killed I felt myself changing. I knew what was about to happen. But I couldn't stop it. Something possessed me to keep killing the orcs. I soon black out.

(After the battle) Third Persons POV

The Eye of Sauron cried out as the ring was destroyed. The tower of Barad-dûr slowly falls over. As Saurons troops fled the scene.  The Eye of Sauron disappears, letting lose a great shock wave. The army of the West cheers. "Cheer now, while you can" a voice chuckles darkly.

They look up and gasp at the dark fairy. "Rhiannon" Gandalf says. She lands in front of the remaining army of men.

"Not anymore me, she is gone and I will rule this world" Dark Rhiannon states.

"You're wrong" Legolas states as he steps towards her.

"You think you can save her elf" she laughs. "I've seen your mind, you don't love her. Not truly, an elf only loves once and yours fell for a dwarf" she states.

"You're right, an elf can only feel love once" he admits. "But what I felt for Tauriel was not true love, as I thought it was" he states. "Rhiannon showed me what true love is and I won't let her fall" he declares.

"She's already fallen, she is gone forever" Dark Rhiannon tells him.

"No, she's not" he says looking at the stone. There was still some light left in it. Which meant his Rhiannon was in there somewhere. He just had to reach her. "While I live, she is alive" he states.

"Then die" she says and throws a shadow ball at him. He ducks and rolls under it. He then hugs her tight. She zaps him and he shouts in pain. "You die now elf" she sneers.

"Not yet" he states looking into her eyes. "I love you Rhiannon, come back to me" he says. Before kissing her. A dam breaks in her head. As her dark shelf is driven from her body, screaming in agony. She kisses Legolas back wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I love you" she whispers when they pull away. Rhiannon back to her normal self. "I nearly fell forever" she says.

"But you didn't" he says stroking her cheek. "While I'm around, you'll never fall. Look" he says gesturing to the stone. She looks at it and gasps. It was no long dark and red. But a pearl white with flicks of blue, green, orange and yellow.

 But a pearl white with flicks of blue, green, orange and yellow

"Frodo and Sam, we must find them" Gandalf states. Ruining their moment.

"I can find them" Rhiannon tells him.

"Lass you've been through a lot" Gimli states.

"You should rest" Aragorn tells her.

"Not until we bring Frodo and Sam back. We must hurry, they are running out of time" I state as I take to the sky. Gandalf mounts an eagle. "You lot return to Gondor, we'll return shortly" I tell them.

"Rhiannon..." Legolas starts to say.

"I know Legolas, but we'll talk later. I promise, I love you" I tell him.

"I love you" he tells me. I peck him in the cheek. Before leaving with Gandalf and the eagles in search of Frodo & Sam.

A/N

Picture above of Dark Rhiannon and gif on the external link of Aragorn leading the charge on the Black Gate.