Bash

~ Unedited ~

Sebastian was walking down the street, pulling his coat closer around him as the wind blew cold. He turned as he heard a scream. He knew that dangerous things could happen in New York, especially in this part, and that he probably shouldn't go investigate for his own safety, but he couldn't help but feel like he had to help. He ran back the way he came, turning a corner to see a limp body lay on the ground, a van driving off in the distance. Looking around, Sebastian checked that there wasn't any immediate danger, before he sunk down to his knees. In the dark he couldn't quite identify the person, but it was clear that he was male, unconscious and in critical status.A brick lay to the side, blood shining in the faint moonlight. He checked for a pulse, and though it was faint, the male was still breathing. As fast as he could, Sebastian dialled the phone for an ambulance. He stayed by the unconscious body until the ambulance came, and took him to the hospital. A nagging feeling told Sebastian that the male was familiar. Before the ambulance could leave he asked if he could ride along.

In the sickly yellow light that turned on in the ambulance, Sebastian could see his face. His eyes widened, because the face was familiar.
Memories of years of tormenting Kurt came back to him, and Sebastian bit back a sob as he realised what had happened. A hate crime. And for what? Sexuality? For Kurt liking boys and not girls? It angered Sebastian immensely.

So maybe that was why that even when they reached the hospital, and Kurt was rolled into surgery, that Sebastian stayed in the uncomfortable chair. He didn't want to leave. He couldn't.
What was worse was that no one seemed to appear. None of his friends even came in. He'd heard how Blaine and Kurt had broken up; but not even coming to see him? Sebastian shook his head.

He couldn't help the feeling of dread that ran through him when he thought about what could happen if Kurt didn't make it through the surgery. He'd never even get the chance to apologise.
He'd never be able to tell him that he admired his wit, and quick tongue. That they could've been friends instead of enemies.
How he wish he'd gone after him and not Blaine?
How he wished he had realised his feelings for Kurt earlier?
What if it was all too late?

Sebastian was shaken from his thoughts when his name was called. Heart beating in his chest he approached the doctor.

"He made it. If you hadn't found him when you did, he might not have. You saved his life."

Sebastian drew a breath. "Can I see him?" He asked.
The doctor nodded, leading Sebastian to the room where Kurt was. "He's in a coma from the surgery, he'll wake, but I'm not sure when." The doctor informed, before leaving Sebastian alone in the room with Kurt. In the light it was easier to see that it was Kurt. Except for the fact that he looked so different.

For one, he was covered in bruises and swelled up cuts, making him nearly unrecognisable.
His skin was a sickly pale, More so than usually.
But even so, he'd changed indescribably since last Sebastian had seen him. If he'd been beautiful, that last time, he was absolutely gorgeous now.
Even with the cuts and bruises.

Sebastian sunk down into the hard, uncomfortable plastic seat. Gently he reached for Kurts hand, cupping it between his own. Taking a deep breath, Sebastian tried to keep back what was threatening to spill. "I'm so sorry, Kurt." He whispered, not able to choke back the sob. "For everything." He said, as sobs wrecked his body above Kurts unconscious one.

For a while he just sat like that, holding onto Kurts hand as he let his emotions flow, something he usually never did.

Once he regained composure he sighed. "I really wish we could've been friends." He whispered. He'd heard something once, about how even in a coma people could hear what was going on. "I've been really terrible to you in the past." Sebastian admitted, "I want that to change when you wake up. If you'll let me, I want to show you that I'm more than a spoiled rich kid. If you give me a chance, I'll be the friend you deserve."