010

Y/N sighed and picked up the last box. The words 'Y/N's treasures' was sprawled across the lid in her unique yet messy handwriting - one of her many insecurities. She brushed her spare hand against the walls, her eyes battering rapidly fighting back the tears, that were soon to gush like a waterfall. 

This was her home. 

Through heartache and struggles, even when her depression made it seem like the entire world was against her, at least she could come home to the comfort of her bed and the familiar smell of... him. In the back of her mind she remembered that night she had taken him back to her apartment, how he had slept on her couch, and how in the morning... he was gone.

She remembered her hand on his, her name from his mouth, that smile with blood stained teeth he gave her. The smell of that sickly dangerous kiwi-watermelon-cherry shampoo, and the way he left without saying goodbye - missing in action. 

Y/N treasured her fleeting moments with her beloved home and braced for this new chapter of her life. Despite sentimental distraught that was tearing apart Y/N inside, she couldn't help feeling a little bit hopeful and maybe even a bit excited. It was a feeling she couldn't explain for she had no reasoning but, it was probably the fact that for the first in a long time Y/N wouldn't be completely and utterly alone.

Maybe, just maybe everything will be ok, she thought hopefully to herself. The long drive seemed to soothe her thoughts and she began to calm down. Peace, silence and serenity. Everything was okay. However, this soothing silence was cut short as Louis began to speak.

'By the way Y/N, I know I should have let you know beforehand, but I have a roommate. Well - I mean it's his house, so technically I'm the roommate.'

'Oh, okay, thank you so much. He must be an amazing person to let me stay here' Y/N said, grateful that this roommate of Louis' was as kind as he was to have her.

"He's a great guy, I've been friends with him for years now, trust me Y/N you'll love him."

Y/N nodded and smiled warmly towards Louis, yet another symbol of her eternal gratitude towards him, and, well, now his roommate as well. Louis drives through street after street of monotone houses and apartment buildings, their grey exterior fading into one another, the trees on the sidewalk thinning into bare, spindly branches in the winter air. For a while, nothing is said, the hum of the car radiator filling the space with white noise. Finally, Louis breaks the silence .

"Actually, this roommate of mine ... he's a bit of a caffeine addict. I think I might have to stop by his favourite diner, what is it called ... what was it ..." Louis mused. "Ah! Batello's, that's it. It's just across the road. Anyway, Y/N, would you mind running in and ordering the coffee for me? He orders an Americano, hot, three shots of espresso with no water." he smiled.

Y/N knew from that order, that something inside of her wasn't sitting right. Maybe it was the fact that she had to go to her OWN work to buy something, or maybe it was the possibility her "new roommate" was a regular customer of hers.

The order sounded strangely familiar.

But, maybe Y/N was reading too deep into this. Y/N! get a grip what are you thinking, there's no need to feel this nervous. It's just a cup of coffee. And with that, Y/N dashed into the diner she worked at and ordered the brew.

Finally arriving at her new home, Y/N lugged her baggage into the house without any help from her older brother. She didn't want to bother him with anything else.

After unloading she had an urge for some apple juice, nothing much, just an intense craving for the sugary liquid. However, on her way to the kitchen she couldn't help noticing something which made her heart drop inside of her. There was no way. Maybe there was a reason her brother's roommate's order seemed so familiar

Maybe it all had to do with the sleek black ballpoint pen laying on the table in front of her.

Her heart beat thick and heavy in her chest as she made her way to the fridge and took out a carton of apple juice with a shaky hand. She grabbed a sleek glass from the mint green cupboards above the counter, and began to pour out the smooth, golden liquid. It began to splatter all over the smooth marble countertop as she shook, trying nervously to comprehend what the hell that pen was doing there. As she grabbed some paper towels to mop up the mess, she noticed the warm spread of steam infiltrating the kitchen, and the very familiar sickly sweet scent of that god damn cherry-kiwi-watermelon shampoo making its way into her nostrils.

Y/N heard her heart pound louder and louder in her head as she stood face to face with 

With him.

"M .. Mr Styles?"