EXTRA: the hot girl bummer

A/N

Sorry I haven't been active, heres an extra scene I was working on. I'll try to update more often from now on!

-

Y/N enjoyed staring at the pool. The stillness and tranquility of the water distracted her from the business of the real world. The water called her name just the way her mum did the day she died. Y/N stared further into the water until she heard the familiar jinging of keys coming towards her. A well built masculine figure approached and came down next to her.

"Why aren't you getting in the water, Y/N?" Mr Styles enquired, her substitute teacher for today's PE lesson. "I'm just not feeling like swimming today." Y/N said, standing up to look over Mr Styles.

He eyed her up and down with a carefully raised an eyebrow. Y/N stared at the floor, avoiding his dominant gaze.

"Y/N thats still not much of an excuse, unless you've got some...female issues?" He said turning his face away in embarrassment. "God sir, why would you say that, and no there are no 'female issues.'!" Y/N exclaimed back with obvious fury.

Mr Styles stared deeply into Y/N's eyes, he lent in close to her ear and whispered: "Well Y/N, you know what I like to say - Carpe Diem." She felt his hot breath against her neck.

Mr Styles began standing up from the pool ledge. He used his hands and jokingly pushed Y/N, however, his light push turned into a violent shove against her delicate body. Before Y/N could scream her protests she was sent whirling through the air, like a pirouette in the dark.

Was this what her mother felt?

The split second of flying set her free, the reality of the cold, unforgiving water not having yet collided with her senses. Y/N's figure hit the water with a delicate splash, the water engulfing her into a dangerous cocoon.

Dhiamonte ran to see the commotion, "Sir, where did Y/N go?" Dhiamonte asked, panicked, turning around looking for her companion. 

"I pushed her in, there should be no excuse for slacking off." Mr Styles said proud of his actions.

"SIR, Y/N CAN'T SWIM"

Mr Style's brain took a second to register the news. It was almost as if he didn't want to believe it - as if he was denying he'd just endangered the life of the girl he loved. But as seconds that felt like eternities ticked by, he realised standing there open-mouthed couldn't save Y/N from the dangers of the water.

Dhiamonte stood at the edge of the pool, panicking and teetering on the edge as she peered over at the mass in the water that is Y/N's body. Mr Styles watched as the bubbles disappeared, slowly revealing Y/N's delicate figure sinking further, and further away from him.

His heart sank in his chest. And before Mr Styles knew it, he shoved Dhiamonte out of the way, and without a second thought, he dove into the pool. The harsh coldness of the water embraced him tightly like a mother to their child, and for a split second he felt a sense of unbroken tranquility. However, this tranquility is what shook Mr Styles to his core. The water bore his soul and brought back the deepest and darkest parts of his mind.

He remained in the water with only one thought, the memory of that night. The night the spark in her eyes was robbed from him. The night that forever haunted him, following him around like a shadow. The night that she left him.

He snapped out of his trance trying to search for Y/N's figure, and that's when he saw her. He saw her frail body stuck in a deep slumber, one so terrifying it perfectly encapsulated her beauty. But he stayed there like a deer caught in headlights. Y/N's beauty shone so bright, it could make anybody turn into a daze. But of course, the danger of it is what enticed the deer to stay on the road. And in the split second that Mr Styles shone his gaze on Y/N he knew, that he was the deer and that Y/N was the car that was about to squash him flat into the pavement.

He quickly picked her up and swam as fast as he could to reach the surface. The water, although beautiful was dangerous.

But the beauty of the water is what restricted him, suffocated him. 

Literally.

That first breath of fresh air he took shook reality back into him, although cruel, it's what kept him sane. He placed Y/N on the rough concrete, his hands pressing into her chest as a poor attempt to resuscitate her. Mr Styles didn't know what to do or what to feel, he was lost, confused, angry. But there was one thing he sure as hell knew.

He wasn't gonna lose the love of his life, well...not again at least.