The Book (2)

The next day, Namjoon and I headed to the woods where the mad woman told us vampires would be.

It was a eerie place. The people of the town wouldn't go near the woods after a couple children had gone missing from there a few years ago. There were all kinds of stories about the it but I couldn't risk losing my job over something like that.

The only weapons we carried were one machete each.

We walked into the woods, fearless. The wind made strange weeping sounds and although any other sane being wouldn't have gone any further. We kept going.

" There is an abandoned mansion a little deeper into the woods. The woman...mad woman said that the vampires live there." Namjoon said.
I wasn't taking any of this seriously but for his sake I just nodded and followed.

We had been walking for long and my legs were beginning to tire out and not only that but also the woods were one of the scariest places to be and it was the middle of the night.

Finally after almost an hour of walking a huge mansion came into view just like Namjoon mentioned earlier. It looked as if no one had lived there in ages. There was no way there's vampires in there.

Namjoon and I approached the mansion carefully.
"I will go in from behind and you come in from the front." Namjoon said and ran to the back of the mansion while I just stood outside because I knew he would run out any second and talk about how he didn't find anything in there.

I stood outside for a good thirty minutes and there was no sign of him.
I had no choice but to go inside. It was dark and a little dusty inside but I could still see.

"Namjoon?" I walked in further. There was no one and the inside looked much better than the outside. Did someone actually live here?
I was headed to the second floor when I heard a loud scream from outside.
"Namjoon!?!" I ran out as soon as possible. I stood at the door looking around but there was no sign of anyone.

As I stood there looking around I felt something cold drip down my forehead. I touched it with my finger and took a look at it and it was blood!!Where was it coming from?

I looked above my head and the sight was so horrifying that I felt short of breath. It was Namjoon. He was hanging from the balcony on a rope and it was his blood!

"Noooo!!" I cried as I ran into the mansion and hurried to the second floor. I ran towards the balcony crying my eyes out.
the balcony was covered in blood.
I grabbed the rope tied around Namjoon's neck and pulled at it when I felt something hit the back of my head and lost consciousness.

When I opened my eyes again I was on a hospital bed.

A nurse walked towards me. I asked her how I got there.
"A woman brought you here. She said she found you passed out on the road covered in blood. Her name was...uh... seoyeon." The nurse said.

I asked them about Namjoon but no one had seen him.
I ran out of the hospital room terrified, a woman stood there. It was seoyeon.
"Are you alright?" She asked softly.
I asked her about Namjoon but she said she only found me on the road.

Two days later I got a call from the police saying they had found Namjoon. Namjoon's body.
It was all my mistake! If maybe I had listened to him and gone inside the mansion he would still be alive. It was all because of me and my ignorance.

The only person I ever had was now gone because of my mistakes.
I could never have forgiven myself. Namjoon was a person with huge dreams and death was the last thing I wanted him to have and I who would protect him with my life let him die.

I didn't see a reason for me to live anymore. I sat on a highway waiting for a vehicle to run me over. It was then that seoyeon stopped me.
She told me how if Namjoon was alive he would want me to live.

She gave me a reason to live. I fell in love with her and a few years later,We got married on 19th of March, 1990. We were living a happy life and I wasn't working as a sheriff anymore I had moved onto a much safer job.

No matter how much I tried to bury it the fact that Namjoon died because of me just never left me. Someone was definitely in the mansion that night and I was determined to kill whoever it was.

I took the machete and even a gun with me this time, I was more prepared.
The mad woman's house was my first stop I asked her to tell me everything she knows.
"The nest has been growing since 1885... the leader of the nest, Kim Seokjin and his family are the only true born vampires. All the others are normal humans turned into vampires. They are very strong and the only way to kill them is to behead them. You really think you can win Myungsoo?? Hahahah..... You will be a deadman!" She said.

I wasn't afraid of death. Atleast I was going to die trying. I went to the mansion that night and the place was crowded with vampires unlike last time
I wanted to watch each one of them suffer but I was here to kill the leader, Kim Seokjin!

I sneaked inside the mansion through the backdoor and went to the second floor where I had seen rooms the last time I was here. I climbed upstairs and ran into someone. I had already grabbed my weapon and was ready to fight him but luckily it was dark enough that night and he didn't see my face so I was able to walk past him without a fight.

I walked into the biggest room and I was sure it belonged to the leader.

Suddenly the lights went out and the door shut behind me. I couldn't see a thing but I wasn't scared. I grabbed onto the machete in my hand and was swinging it around when I hit something and the knife fell out of my hand. I couldn't see a thing so I got on my knees and started sweeping my hands around the floor looking for my weapon.

The lights suddenly came back on and before me stood a man. I slowly looked up. It was a tall man with dark black hair, pitch black eyes and FANGS! I wasn't scared before but now I was. Vampires are real.