PARK JIMIN

I couldn't get myself to fall asleep the entire night. Thoughts of meeting Jimin the next day had crowded my mind.
The same man who was so sure about me being perfect for the job has now asked me to rethink my decision?!This was just getting stranger with every passing second.

I woke up early the next morning and wore a white silk shirt, a black tie, straight black pants and a black blazer to go with it.
This job wasn't a want but a need, and considering how strange the recruitment had been so far, any sane person would reject the job. However, given my current financial situation, I didn't have much of a choice.

I didn't want to be late , so without giving much importance to breakfast...and by that I mean completely skipping it I headed to Park Enterprises to meet up with Park Jimin.

When I reached the  place I was sweating profusely out of nervousness. Anyone who saw me at that moment would assume I had walked out of the shower without drying myself first.
I calmed my self down and climbed up the stairs and after taking a deep breath I gently pushed open the door.
"You can do this!" I told myself.
I walked towards the help desk but before I could ask anything, the assistant from yesterday, Ms. Michelle stopped me.

"Mr. Jeon, here you are. Jimin has asked you to wait in his cabin he will be there in a few minutes." She said.
"Oh okay. I will wait but can you please show me where his cabin is?" I asked.
"Sure. Follow me."she replied.

I followed her and she lead me to the cabin. It was a huge cabin which screamed "RICH" at first sight. The flooring was completely wooden and the furniture was straight out of a Pinterest board and the room although large had very small windows through which almost no light came in. I made myself comfortable on one of the chairs before the desk which im assuming were for visitors and in case not I didn't see anyone's name written on it.

I sat there nervously, waiting for Jimin to come.
The door opened.
"I am sorry for being late Mr. Jeon. I am not usually late but today....... anyways you are here and thats good." Jimin entered the room fixing his appearance a bit. He sounded short of breath almost like he had ran to the office.

He walked to the desk and stood there with one hand resting on the desk and the other in his pocket. His clothes were dusty and the buttons of his coat were undone. One doesn't usually see Park Jimin like this. Untidy clothes, ruffled hair and he was even late.

Jimin dusted the top left corner of his suit and then looked at me. I could feel his stare pierce through my soul.

"So Mr. Jeon....." Jimin said.

"Call me Jungkook sir"

"Uh..well then Jungkook you need to know a few more things before you take up the job." He said with a dead serious face.

"Uh..yes sir." I replied.

He let out a sigh breaking eye contact.
"Jungkook I have offered you any amount of money you ask for and you got this job really easily but.... remember the job itself isn't going to be easy. Most importantly you wont be working WITH me, you will be working FOR ME and you will live with me. If you agree to do the job and say yes you will be moving in with me, I want you to stay with me... most of the time. You will do whatever I ask you to and will not question my orders or break my rules. NO MATTER WHAT!"

The sudden change in tone worried me.

After a short pause, "Jungkook are you sure you want this job?" Jimin asked.

Without hesitation, "Im sure sir." I replied because the only thing I could think of in that moment was my mom.

A smirk crossed Jimin's pale white face, his left eyebrow was raised almost as if he was mocking me.
" Brave! Well then there is a car waiting for you outside and James, the driver will take you to your home. I want you to pack your stuff and...." Jimin was saying when a call interrupted him.
"I really have to take this call Jungkook. James will explain the rest to you" He said and left the room.

"I hope I dont regret this." I told myself and walked out of the cabin.

As soon as I walked out of the building, A man greeted me, "Hello Mr. Jeon Im James, your driver for today."
"Oh Mr. Park informed me about you" I replied.

He smiled like he didn't really care about what I just said and then pointed towards the very expensive Looking car at the bottom of the stairs, "Shall we, sir?"
"Wait! That's the car you are taking me in?!" I asked in ashtonishment.
"Yes sir!" James replied.

"Maybe it wasn't such a bad decision to work here." I mumbled under my breath as I walked down the stairs.
James opened the door for me and I had never been treated so well before. As someone who struggled to make the bare minimum I had always been treated like trash. This made me feel human for once.

I seated myself in the car and James began driving. He was supposed to take me home and he was! But I didnt tell him where I lived. I lied about my damn address on my resume because I didn't want anyone to know that I was poor. Is he taking me to the wrong address?!

I was too embarassed to tell him anything and just sat there. I will just deal with whatever outcome.
"Mr. Park has asked me to tell you a few things sir. I will take you home and you will have three hours to pack your stuff and then we will leave for Mr. Park's house. You will be working starting tonight!" James said.
"I will.... what?!? Three damn hours? Tonight?? I can't believe this! This is bullshit!" I said in disbelief.

James kept smiling ignoring everything I said.
After about 15 minutes James finally stopped the car at my house. At my house! The right address.
This job, the employees and Jimin couldn't get anymore suspicious than this. Who told them my address!?BITCH AM I BEING STALKED??

"I will be waiting here sir. You have exactly three hours before we leave." James said with the same plastic smile he had ever since I saw him.
I got out of the car and walked into my house putting in all efforts to covince myself that I had made the right choice choosing the job.

I walked into my home and saw my mom sitting on the couch, knitting. As soon as I saw her I felt my heart ache. I was going to leave my mom alone.
Tears dwelled up in my eyes but I tried my best to hold them back and walked to my mom.

I sat down at her feet and looked at her. She smiled at me,it was the most calming smile ever. I felt a pain so bad in my heart. I kept questioning myself if I really needed that job.
I held my mom's hand to my chest and said, "it dosent bleed but it really hurts mom." Because it really did. I didn't want to leave my mom but I needed the money for her sake. Even if it pains me to do this if it's for mom's sake,then i will.

I informed her about the job and told her that I was supposed to leave in three hours.

"Three hours?? What are you relaxing here for then? Lets get packing. Jungkook-ah you cant be late!..." she held me close to her, " I love you. And dont worry about me, I will be fine. I want you to do this job." She said.

I wiped my tears and nodded. We packed my bags and after exactly three hours James called out for me, "Mr. Jeon, we have to leave"
I picked up my three suitcases and after bidding my mom farewell I left.
I cried quietly throughout the journey to Jimin's house. Was this really the right decision?

It was a 2 hour drive to Jimin's house, and when I got there he wasn't even home.
"What the hell is wrong with him! He asks me not to be late but the only one who is late is him!" I thought to myself, if only I could say this out loud.

James and I stood at the gates of his mansion for a good ten minutes before I saw a figure approaching us. It was not until he came closer that I realized it was jimin. He came running with his coat on which unbuttoned and dusty, just like it was in the morning when he entered his cabin but this time there were stains too. Stains of blood. I saw his pale face as he came closer.
‌Had he gotten into a fight? Even his face had stains of blood on it. For a second I thought I was hallucinating. It was a little strange that one of the richest men in South Korea would get into a fight.

"Hello sir!" I told him as he finally came to a halt.
"Oh jungkook!" He said short of breath, "Im sorry for being this late. I really didn't mean to. My nest..
.. I mean I was stuck in traffic and.... nevermind. You are here and thats what matters, lets go in Jungkook, I will lead the way."

-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-