An Italian Family~ An Italian Lover

He wouldn’t stop staring at me.

It was freaking obvious too with the whole family around us at dinner. He sat right across from me and every time I dared to look up, he was staring at me like a lovesick puppy. I would blush and look down at my food so no one else would notice.

Vin however was also staring at me.

When Emilio would say something and we’d look down I would always catch him staring right at me like I was a complicated puzzle. I knew he hated me for resigning as second in command and I knew he was pissed I was off with Angel for so long, but he was also confused that I had resigned for a boy I ignored for two weeks.

“Awkward,” Frankie said as Georgie sat next to him. I glared at him and then glared at his little bastard friend better known as my freaking cousin. “I’m just saying there is some seriously unresolved shit floating around.”

“Some of its resolved,” Georgie said and winked at Angel who was grinning. I face palmed and looked next to me where pops was sitting trying to muffle his laughter. I swear everyone hates me they just don’t want to tell me.

I looked down the table again and saw Cecilio, Angel’s pops, staring at me with a blank expression. I knew he knew I was openly gay now so him staring at me like he wanted the answer to everything in the world made me uncomfortable. I felt like everyone was staring at me.

“So Sammy where did you disappear to?” Isabel, Vin’s ma, asked.

I smiled politely and then looked at my pops. He shrugged and leaned back like he was waiting to be entertained. “I was with….a boy,” I said feeling my face heat up.

Isabel giggled as did some of the moms. “For two whole weeks?” she asked. I nodded and she giggled again. “He must be good.”

Oh god.

“Can we not talk about this while we are eating?” Cecilio said nicely, looking at Emilio for confirmation. We all knew he was still sketchy on the whole gay thing but he fought for his son just like mine did. I loved my pops for accepting me so easily.

“So why did you resign as second?” Cecilio asked. I choked on some of my food as did Angel and Vin as Gio stared at his pops second in command like he had grown an extra head. “It’s an honest question.”

“It is actually none of your business,” I said harshly and then looked over at Vin who had wide eyes. “It was a decision I had to make for myself.”

Cecilio snorted. “You being In love with Vincent had nothing to do with it then?” At that a lot of forks dropped, including my own.

“That is out of line,” Pops said. “My son’s love life has nothing to do with you Cecilio.”

This made Cecilio laugh harder. “Oh. Really? He practically infected my son with his gayness. Luckily he snapped out of it-“

“Gayness is not a freaking word first off,” Georgie snapped. “And second off- where the hell did this come from? You were perfectly okay with Giovanni and Vincent and now that Sammy is talking about a guy he likes you get all rude?”

“Georgie stay out of it,” his pops snapped.

“No that’s not fair, pops.”

“Sit down. Shut your mouth,” his pops said and it was final. Georgie stood up and pushed his chair back as he walked out. Frankie watched and then ran after his best friend.

“Sammy we were not done discussing-“ Cecilio started only to be shut up by his son.

“Leave him alone, pops. It’s none of our business why he resigned he just did so drop it,” he snapped. I wanted to smile at him but I knew that wouldn’t go over too well.