A What?

Angel and I were sitting across the room from each other. We hadn’t really spoke since yesterday in the car and I have to say it was my fault. I just couldn’t seem to open my mouth and say something that would not be rude and have to do with why he didn’t love me. Honestly.

I peeked up from the laptop I was on and found Angel staring at me from over the notebook he had been dissecting. We both looked away and went back to “Working”. I was looking up some stuff on the perp while he was trying to see if we could catch Dominick anywhere that wasn’t at the club today. I really didn’t want to go into Lazzaratti land. That would cause hell.

I looked up again and he was staring again but this time he didn’t look away. Our eyes held until I heard his words echo in my head and I then looked away.

“I’m not gay!”

How could he ever be for me? I looked back at the laptop and ground my teeth together as I heard him stand up. I thought he was going to go to the kitchen until I felt his finger go under my chin. I stubbornly didn’t want to look up but he made me anyways and when my green eyes met his brown ones he sighed.

“I want to take you out on a date,” he said quietly. My heart went to overdrive as he bent down and held eye contact. “I know I hurt you with what I said yesterday and even if I can’t change the way I am I want to make it up to you.”

Not gay!

Not gay!

Not gay!

“Why?” I asked hearing his words screaming in my head. He didn’t even understand how bad I was on the inside and I didn’t understand why a boy I hated words hurt so badly. He was just telling me what I knew on the inside so why did it feel like he took my heart right from my chest.

“Because I feel bad,” he said.

“Why do you feel bad?” I asked clearly. He paused and chewed his lip.

“Because we’re friends.”

“No we’re not.”

He paused again. “I care about you.”

“Why?”

He sighed. “Can I not just care about you without having a reason?”

“No.”

He growled in frustration. “Why are you being so difficult!?”

“Why aren’t you answering the question honestly!?” I snapped.

He paused again. “I’m not gay.”

And there it goes.

I’m not gay!

I’m not gay!

I’m not gay!

“Just forget it and go sit down,” I snapped before looking back at my laptop. I was about to actually start doing work instead of staring at my screensaver. He took my computer away and looked at it only to see me and Vincent with his arm over my shoulder and mine around his waist as we both laughed. It was right before Gio got here and it was a reminder of how happy I used to be with him. How much I loved him and how much he loved me….or at least in the other kind of way.

“And that’s why I can never-“he cut off and then closed the laptop. “Just come out with me, alright?” I shook my head but he glared and I thought better than to say no to him. “We’re leaving in ten.”

“What about Dominic?”

“He’ll be at the club tomorrow no stop fucking stalling,” he snapped.