Chapter 9: Pick Me Up

(No POV)

Kal'tsit stood on the landing platform with her arms crossed as she watched a chopper land and as soon the chopper landed, the door slides open as a silver haired cautus came out with a few operators. The moment the silver head cautus foot steps on the ground, she saw Kal'tsit and gave a smile while she waves her hand before making her way towards Kal'tsit.

"Welcome back, Savage." Kal'tsit greeted before she added. "How was the rescue mission?"

"Fufu, it wasn't a problem, Dr. Kal'tsit." Savage answers before she looks around. "Hmm, where is Amiya, Dr. Bella and Custos?"

"Dr. Bella is on her way to meet up with Amiya and as for Custos...." Kal'tsit bits her lips as she looks at Savage. "...Sorry, Savage, I know you just came back from an operation and currently tired but I'll be needing you to come with me."

Savage looks at Kal'tsit with a raised brow before she noticed the grim look Kal'tsit has, making her worried.

"Did something happen?" Savage asked with worry. "Are they hurt?"

"Amiya is doing fine but as for Custos..." Kal'tsit sighs as she rubs her face in frustration. "...He is currently engaged with Reunion."

"And, I don't see any problem, Custos can handle them." Savage said confidently.

Kal'tsit looks at Savage with a sigh, knowing she will say that, after all, he and Savage had worked together on some operations and she is confident that Custos will do fine on his own, which is true as Kal'tsit shares the same opinion but...

"Amiya reported that Custos might have 'snapped'." Kal'tsit said, making Savage's eyes widen.

"What, if that is so, then we should go immediately!" Savage said, feeling more worried.

"We can leave after the chopper has refueled." Kal'tsit sighs. "That guy is very reckless."

"Gununu, that Custos is going to get some scolding..." Savage said as she huffed. "Making everyone worry."

"Get in line." Kal'tsit softly growls as she taps her finger in her arm.

But there is just a side of Custos that only she, Savage, Amiya and Ace knew, they have no complete understanding to this side of his except Dr. Bella, who on the current moment is having an amnesia.

'Custos...' Kal'tsit thought with worry as she looks at the horizon.

At (Y/n)

W's eyes widen as she grins nervously as she tried to comprehend what just happened, on one moment, she and Faust got him cornered, their teamwork was, even though not perfect, was still good nonetheless but the next thing she knew is that, he cought Faust's crossbow bolts with no problems at all before he dissapeared and appeared in front of Faust, who was on the roof of a building.

But what terrifies W the most, is the insane smile of his, along with the glow of his eyes.

That smile, that damn smile, she knew that they bit more than they can chew as they are now seeing a side they do not know that Venator possibly possess.