Ch-32 Why not today... I mean, now?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to naseem7381… is this endless enough? ;)

Chapter Thirty-Two

Why not today… I mean, now?

Chennai, India

Absent-mindedly stroking the soft fur of Snow Queen who had made a comfortable seat upon Saif’s stomach, he looked from his stretched position upon the bed towards his right where his best friend was working in the laptop with a serious look pasted on his boyish face, now and then scratching his curly black hair while beside him on another chair, Saira sat calmly peeling apples whose stripped skin fell in perfect spirals making Saif yearn to scare her into breaking those flawless whorls and only the thought that maybe she would accidentally cut herself by his frightening stopped him from doing anything silly.   

“Sister dear of mine…” He finally drawled after some moments.

“Mm?”

“Tell your husband he has become an awful bore ever since he took that job.”

Saira suppressed a smile and looked at Misbah who had paused a little when Saif had spoken. Without facing Saif, Misbah continued his typing as he replied,

“Darling wife of mine, tell your brother he has become a perfect lazy donkey ever since he came back from the cruise.”

“Hey I was in medical rest!” Saif protested. “And in what way do I resemble a donkey?”

“I said a lazy donkey – just look into the mirror…”

“Don’t teach me your bad habits son of shaitaan, I don’t plan on becoming vain like you.”

Saira stood up and giving to both their share of apple slices, left the room saying tranquilly,

“You two can rip each other’s throat for all I care, as long as I don’t remain in the same room.”

“Wise woman.” Misbah commented looking at her departing figure.

“Well, after all whose sister is she?” Saif asked rhetorically with a slight grin.

Misbah rolled his eyes. But when he spoke, his tone was serious.

“What’s wrong Saifullah?”

Saif’s brows knotted in perplexity. “About what?”

“Saira told me you’re not leaving this weekend, once again change of plans?”

The confused look vanished as Saif said with his usual smile. “That irks you huh? Thus proving how I have become a ‘perfect lazy donkey’…”

“Saif!”

“Well Misbah ul Haqq?”

“Is it the pain? I thought the doc said you were nearly fit Alhamdulillah…? Tell me now.”