Ch-5 Dubai Dhamaka!

In the Name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammed (s.a.w), his blessed descendents and noble companions. 

                                                                                      -Aameen

Dedicated to Awaken12 for being an amazing girl! ;)

Chapter Five

Dubai Dhamaka!

Chennai, India

Saif with his Jhubba's collar thrown wide open and the sleeves pulled high on his arms, flicked  the sweat on his forehead with impatient fingers as he gave Misbah a murderous glance.

"I tell you again Misbah, it was a four not six!" His jaw clamped shut furiously.

"And I say again that it was a six!" Misbah replied back in an equally angry tone, while his appearance like Saif, was quite hot and sweaty.

"Abba please say that is was a four, It was really a four, it did not go over the other wall, it fell down, so not a six but four..." Umar continued his justifications in a shrill voice dancing around Abdullah who like the others had thrown his collar open because of growing heat. With his sleeves rolled up and a wet towel upon his shoulder, he stood there glancing sharply at the wall mentally calculating the distance while Habib followed his gaze leaning on a cricket bat, his figure tense and alert.

It was well after ten in the morning and they all had been playing cricket on the terrace since an hour before. No vacation in chennai is ever complete without a cricket match and to these cricket crazy men and boys it did not matter where or when or how many played as long as long they could play. Just give them a bat and a ball and anything for stumps, they would break all records by playing until the world stopped spinning on its axis.

For the game, naturally Umar had paired with his hero Saif while Habib and Misbah paired as the opposite team. And Abdullah as usual adopted the role of Umpire.

Down in the living hall, Humaira asked Kadhija showing a huge basket full of delicious golden mangoes,

"Ammi are these enough for the shake?"

Kadhija looked at them and shook her head. "No they would all be like thirsty camels. Add those in the box too Humair."

Assenting Humaira went back to the kitchen while Saira came and dropped beside Kadhija with a long sigh.

"I told you not to strain too much dear." Khadija softly chided.

"I did not..." But her words were cut short when suddenly the whole house seemed to vibrate and shake because of the violent stamping and running by grown up men like happy little children on the terrace.

Saira looked at the ceiling and remarked dryly,

"If it goes on like this, I won't be surprised if the roof falls upon us."

Kadhija gave her a disapproving look. "How many times have I told you children not to say such things even in jest? We never know when the angels might say Aameen."

"Sorry Ammiji." Saira mumbled and proceeded to help her in folding the large heap of fresh and sweet smelling laundry.

Amidst the thumping, jumping sounds which came from above, the loud whining voice of Yahya was heard from Saif's room.