Ch-24 Love -when it is declared!

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to MortalStrangerX, for Saif and Maryam’s Romance reminds me of her comment ;)

Chapter Twenty-Four

Love –when it is declared!

With a kind smile on her face, the nurse watched as Umar sitting on the other vacant bed, was painting something dreamily in his sketchbook while Humaira was persuading her brother to eat more from the freshly sliced fruits.

“Ya Allah Humair! I’m full…why don’t you eat them?” Saif asked irritatedly.

“Just one more slice Bhaiya…only one more…”

“What difference would that make?”

“Oh lots…” Humaira smiled, coaxing her vexed brother to eat another slice.

Muttering something about stubborn women, Saif yielded.

Humaira, knowing well from the red and raw blisters on his limbs that Saif was suffering intensely tried her best to divert and comfort him.

After another ten minutes, she finally stood up.

“There, I won’t trouble you anymore Bhaiya…you can rest happy in the knowledge that I’m finally gone, its Chasht Salah time.” Humaira dimpled before wearing her Niqaab.

“Oh Humair I’m sorry for snapping at you, it’s just this…” Saif bit his lip as he rubbed his face, not wanting to admit his suffering.

“Don’t be silly Saif Bhaiya!” Humaira’s eyes twinkled empathetically as she patted and adjusted his pillows in a more comfortable position and urged him again to rest. She knew that with his gaining strength, the numbed pain of burns was surfacing and he was beginning to dislike being confined to bed.

“Umar, go with Humair!”

Upon hearing his hero’s command, Umar immediately came from his dreamland and jumped from the bed scattering the sketch pens and upsetting the pillows.

“Umar…!” Humaira shook her head and bent to collect the ever-falling pens. “Allah only knows why you can’t keep them properly in their sketch case…”

Thus, it took another five minutes for them to leave the hospital cabin.

Alex, who was just nearing the hospital saw both their figures coming out and quickened his pace. Yet when he reached the door, they had gone much forward. He opened his mouth to call Umar… but instead dismissing the idea he turned and went inside.

“Oh hey Alex…!” Saif said with a strained smile.

Alex nodded and took the pad from the nurse, checking his recent reports.

“I see you are doing well…”

“Alhamdulillah…” Saif murmured, closing his eyes.

Alex watched him for some moments and said gently, “Don’t worry, they will heal eventually –”

The dark eyes flashed a grateful look as they opened. “Thanks…”

Alex dismissed the nurse before taking a seat near him.