The Untold Story Of Valissa Potter: The Forbidden Forest

This is my belated Christmas gift to all my fans and readers! Thank you for supporting me :)

 And I'm so sorry for all the spelling and grammar mistakes  for the previous chapters.

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 7: The Forbidden Forest

--------------------

A few weeks went by and I spent my days hanging out with Hagrid, he told me about a couple of stuff like Diagon Alley and I would walk around the castle trying extremely hard to make sure no one saw me, and defiantly staying away from the crazy tree. Every minute I was worrying about that Ron Weasley guy, (I of course haven't told Hagrid)  please please don't tell anyone, I would chant in my head every time before I went to sleep. Crescent was slightly getting bigger and as usual really cute and she now finds her own food most of the time... rats or mice, Hagrid said that it was normal for owls to eat them because I thought it was just a bit gross.

Today was different. I was so bored, really bored. I really wanted to explore that forbidden forest, it just seemed incredibly interesting, plus I doubt anything would happen to me it's 12 in the afternoon, broad daylight AND I brought my WAND this time and put it in my back pocket of my jeans! I let Crescent out of her cage to let her fly and put on my shoes, today I wore a black hooddie and let my curly hair out, I got it cut just above my hips at Hogsmeade, cause it was just way too long. I was just a little nervous because I was going against Hagrid's will, but I needed to be just a little rebellious once in while. Plus I'm not just going to explore but to get better at controlling earth, Hagrid got a book from the school library about my kind of witches and wizards and it said that forests help give you power to control earth, especially magical ones. I reread the instructions 15 more times from the book and made my way out.

I crept in the branchy forest making sure that no one was looking.It was quite dark inside there was branches everywhere, pricking me. I sprinted more inside trying to find somewhere with less trees, but the deeper I went in the forest the darker and colder it got, it doesn't matter it's just darkness and temperature no big deal. Finally after running for what seemed to be 15 minutes I found some open space, it look a little creepy, but so what, its still day. I sat down on the forest floor, legs crossed, grabbed a hand full of dirt in my left hand and my right hand on my heart, then I closed my eyes. I remembered what the book said:

Just like air, connect your mind and heart to the dirt in your hand. Feel it through your soul not your nerves or skin.

Ok not the skin or nerves, your soul. But how do I do that? Wait there was a part for that:

Remember who you are, your personality, what makes you happy, what you look like, your soul. And how in the simplest way are you are similar to earth, and how you need it. If not earth, then Mother Gaia herself.

I shut my eyes tighter and concentrated, I need earth to walk on, to have sweet fruits and nutritional vegetables, I need soft green grass I can put my foot upon without shoes. Mother Gaia cares for all mankind, her children, her loved ones, as I care and love my family and my foster family and all those who care for me. I was deep in meditation now, I could feel myself, I felt as if there was more to me than I knew, that no one knew, it was my soul. I could feel something else, I could actually see it in a way like subconsciously (it was whitish, grayish blueish vision), it was a handful of positive power in my hand, slowly it expanded, I could feel the rest of it, earth. But it was stronger and different then I thought, like its been kept a secret of its power for centuries and now it was revealing it to me, telling me that there's more to what reveals to the eye. Much more. It was still expanding, I could now feel the roots of the trees and slowly up the trunks and branches to the tips of every leaves. I could feel the heights some smaller, some bigger, now I could even feel the grass and the little insects that lived underneath and that crawled at the surface. I could feel everything surrounding me. Something inside told me that it was ready to obey every command of mine. I wanted it to shake just a little bit, not like a huge earthquake but like a tiny little tremor. In a quarter of a second, I was vibrating slightly, so was the ground. It worked. I lifted up rocks and put them down again, little ones then huge, big ones. I even twisted a tree.

I wanted to feel and see more I made the power expand more, and more... There was something there, something odd, something I would think is cute but its defiantly not, something huge.. with 3 heads-

I snapped my eyes open, I couldn't feel like I did before anymore, but in a way I did like this was real life and the power came with me but just a little faint, but it was there, still under my command, so was air. I couldn't feel where it was nor the trees or anything. I had no idea where to get out, so I just ran somewhere, I don't know where but I hoped to god that the thing would go away. Then I heard growls and huge footsteps running towards me, no I'm not gonna run. I have my wand. So I stopped and faced where the sounds where coming from. The sound got fainter, and fainter... It was gone.I wiped the sweat off my forehead and sat down near a bush and, breathing heavily. I closed my eyes in relief and put my head up to feel the cool breeze- but it was warm.. really warm almost hot and foul and- I opened my eyes- "AHHHHH!!!!"  Up above my head was a huge three headed dog. I quickly got up, half falling, and sprinted but it was catching up, so I tried to grab my wand from my back pocket... oh guess what, its not there. It must have fallen out because of the branches or while I was running. The sun was about to set and the forest was darker, except for the sky. 

My pace picked up but made no difference to the 'dog' , I almost tripped over lots of times and kept losing my balance. I went on a turn so maybe the dog wouldn't see me and I can hide, just as I was about to that, I ran near a cave and a hand came out, grabbed my by the wrist and pulled me inside the darkness. Who was this person?, I was about to scream, but he put his finger softly on my lips and came closer so we could see each other. He was a head taller and had pale blond hair and soft grey eyes, he was cute... wait did I just call a guy cute? He stared at me making sure I didn't scream and I stared at him, because I wanted to- but he was a student, I was sure of that: he was still wearing a green and silver tie with a white t- shirt and his sleeves rolled up above his wrists. What if he tells? What if Hagrid is worried? What if he comes looking and sees me with this person? And then what if he tell Angelica? And then I can't go to Hogwarts?- " You know, that dog left 2 minutes ago." he said smiling a side smile and looking straight at me. I blinked a few times and realised how close we were and that I was grabbing his sleeve extremely tightly. I instantly let got and moved back.  "Uh, oh right, hm, thanks." I said trying not to look at his hypnotising eyes and started to walk away, but 'thanks' was not enough. He grabbed my wrist kinda tightly and made me face him. " Y- your hurting me." I said uncomfortably. He ignored me, and just stared straight at me, which made my heart pound, so I slightly turned my head the other way and I think he chuckled a little under his breath, not in a 'she's so ridiculous way' but in a 'she's so cute way'. out of his pocket he took out my wand. I gasped " How did you find it?"

" I was walking and I saw it on the floor where most of the branches are.... so why are you here all alone?"

"It's complicated, and can I ask you the same question?"

"And can I give you the same answer?"

We both laughed a little.

Then I remembered how that Ron Weasley kept asking me questions, I better leave before he starts asking too. " I , um have to go now."

"Wait, maybe I should come with you." We started walking  "It's not safe here you know, there's werewolf's, but only at night, I thought everyone at hogwarts knew that..."

Oh great here comes the questions.

........

........

" Aren't you gonna ask about me? How come you never see me? and stuff?."

"I was thinking of just the thing, but I don't wanna get into other people's business." He winked in a 'that's how I roll' way. He lead me out of the forest. " Thanks... for everything." 

" Yeah, um I guess I'll see you later?"

" Yeah, maybe.."

" K see ya." He walked off to the castle.

" Bye." I whispered.

I felt really weired and weak, and fuzzy. I think I just had my first crush, and I don't even know him.