Chapter 1: Vale

Thinking
Timeskip
POV Change

Narrator POV

C: Okay so let's make sure I've got this down. The black monsters are Grimm. They have no souls, are attracted to negative emotions,and basically kill any human on sight for no reason.

Arsenic: Yes.

C: There are two species of people in this world, humans and faunus. Faunus are humans with animal traits, like wolf ears or monkey tails.

Arsenic: Yes.

C: And huntsman and huntresses are trained at academies to fight Grimm and defend the world.

Arsenic: Yes.

C: Cool. Okay another question, are you going to be a huntsman when you grow up?

Arsenic: Yes.

C: Okay. Cool. It's nice to have dreams, don't lose your way.

Arsenic: Okay, where are we going?

C: This way.

Arsenic: You don't know where do you?

C: I will leave you.

Arsenic: I got a map.

He pulls a map out of his bag and hands it to C. C opens it and it has a small black star placed on the left most continent.

Arsenic: That's where home was.

C: Okay, so we need to get to a city. I have no cash, and that's our best bet.

Arsenic: That's Vale.

He points in the upper part of the continent.

C: Kid. This whole place is Vale.

Arsenic: Yes, but no. Vale is the city and the kingdom.

C: Oh. So looks like we got one long ass walk ahead of us.

Arsenic: OH THAT'S A SWEAR!

C: Don't test me kid. I will leave you. Let's go. North is......this way.

Arsenic: It would be faster if we go to Vacuo. It's the desert. Very hot.

C: Not a chance. I hate sand. No way I'm going to actively go looking for it.

Arsenic: Then we go to Vale.

C: Alright. Hold on.

C grabs Arsenic and puts him on his back.

C: We'll be there in no time.

C starts running at top speed and they make their way across the kingdom of Vale.

C: If only I didn't use all my space power I could teleport us as far as I could see. No dice though. Oh well a little exercise never killed anyone. It should be back in no time. It's weird the first time I did that I didn't lose all my power, it must have been all the energy from Shinra Koketsu or maybe because I actually aimed where I would end up instead of letting the Multiverse just take me anywhere. No sense dwelling on the past.

They cross of all of Vale in less than a minute and they stop at the edge of the city.

C: We're here.

Arsenic: You're fast.

C: Well, I'm a hero. If you're too slow people you love could pay the price.

Arsenic look at C with curiosity practically absorbing his words.

C: C'mon. I need to find a job, so we can grab a hotel room. And if not I'll just "acquire" some money.

Arsenic: Lien.